585,705 active members*
4,225 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Dewalt DWP611 1.25hp router $120 Lowes
Page 3 of 4 1234
    I still haven't cut anything with mine yet, but it should happen real soon. Maybe by tomorrow afternoon. I'll check my local Lowe's price tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Mine has been hard at work, at least 40hours or more of cutting mostly g10 and aluminum.

Worth ever pennies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiP1saIO_mk]DIY cnc cutting USB F3k team - YouTube[/ame]

I checked my local Lowe's yesterday and the price is still $139.99.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

Quote Originally Posted by CarveOne View Post
    I checked my local Lowe's yesterday and the price is still $139.99.

CarveOne
    Shop DEWALT 1.25 HP Corded Router at Lowes.com

Set the zip to 85027, take the print out into the store.

Interesting....

I put in my own zip code and it says $119.00, so I printed the web page. Under "Customize Your Order" it says "Pick Up In Store at Lowe's Of (city, state) - Free.

Gee, - Free sounds like a lot better deal than $119.00 to me. I'll take my lawyer with me in case they try to weasel out of their own statement.

:cheers:

CarveOne
    CarveOne

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyaz View Post
    Mine has been hard at work, at least 40hours or more of cutting mostly g10 and aluminum.

Worth ever pennies.
    Interesting, never thought of using it as a motor.

What part of AZ?

It work well as a motor IMO, with the 2-1 geared and the speed governor, I haven't yet bog the motor.

Phoenix.

Impressed so far

So I just got my mount done for my new 611 and cut a relief with it in Corian.

Of course it's a good router (and way quieter than my old, old Black and Decker that I was using), but the real unexpected benefit I saw was the dust collection fitting (~$12). I did not think it was going to work worth a darn without modification, but it worked great! My shop-vac hose went right in the fitting and there was very little to clean up after it was done (and a Corian relief can kick out some dust).

Now I'm pretty sure when I do aluminum I'll have to put a skirt on it to keep the heavier chips contained, but boy am I stoked. So glad I bought it. Oh yeah, Lowe's, $120.

I also really like the LED on the bottom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DeWalt Scaled down.JPG  

I went to the local Lowe's today, with a website print-out in hand just in case. The one on display still said $139 so I looked to see if they had one on the shelf where the DeWalt stuff is kept. They had just one, and the shelf label had a sale sticker on it saying $119 and I brought it home. (I didn't have my lawyer with me so I paid the $119. He would have cost me a lot more than $119 anyway. )

CarveOne
    CarveOne

Quote Originally Posted by sirkossorg View Post
    So I just got my mount done for my new 611 and cut a relief with it in Corian.
    Would you mind sharing the design of your mount? I'm designing a new 8020 based router and this looks like it might be a good choice for a spindle.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by piperpilot View Post
    Would you mind sharing the design of your mount? I'm designing a new 8020 based router and this looks like it might be a good choice for a spindle.

Thanks!

The original drawing is in Sketchup and was imported into Meshcam (you can see one of the raw pieces after cut in my thread in the GRZ software section). There's really not that much to the design. Are you looking for the Sketchup, Meshcam, or g-code file? The g-code is written for 1/2" stock, 1/8" bit, .05 per pass, 10ipm. Feel free to PM me.

sirkossorg,

Sketchup is fine. I'm just starting to look at this, so it will give me something to go by.

For everyone else, I was in my local Lowes today and found the router. It was marked "New Lower Price $119". This is the same I saw on my Dewalt laminate trim router ($79 vs. $89). So looks like maybe this is the standard price from now on.

I played with it a few minutes, looks very solid. I think my next router will be designed around one of these. Advantage of buying something like this from Lowes is that for around $15 you can get a 2 year tool replacement warranty...probably worth the money.

I'll be very curious to watch the experiences of anyone that actually uses this as a spindle.

Curtis

OK...so question for you guys. Lowes has both this router 1.25hp and the Bosch Colt (1hp) for the same price.

Which would you choose? They seem very similar, although the Dewalt says its .25hp stronger.

I see a lot of people using the colt, so just wondering. I really like the design of this dewalt, but the colt also comes with an edge guide that I can use for some other small projects right now. Doesn't look like the Dewalt has an edge guide although I could probably build something easy enough.

Thoughts?

sirkossorg,

Sketchup is fine. I'm just starting to look at this, so it will give me something to go by.

I'll be very curious to watch the experiences of anyone that actually uses this as a spindle.

Curtis

I can't speak to the Colt, but my DeWalt is working just fine. Just did a bunch of oak pocketing the other night with it. Have also knocked out a few Corian reliefs. No issues. Probably about 15 hours on it.

I can't seem to get my Sketchup file for the mount to upload here. Doesn't look like the zone recognizes it as a valid type.

OK...so question for you guys. Lowes has both this router 1.25hp and the Bosch Colt (1hp) for the same price.

Which would you choose? They seem very similar, although the Dewalt says its .25hp stronger.

I see a lot of people using the colt, so just wondering. I really like the design of this dewalt, but the colt also comes with an edge guide that I can use for some other small projects right now. Doesn't look like the Dewalt has an edge guide although I could probably build something easy enough.

Thoughts?
    I have both routers. The Colt is nice for a trim router and I'll continue to use it for that purpose.

The DW611 only comes with a 1/4" collet and a wrench. It's a shame they don't include a 1/8" collet. The round aluminum body of the DW611 and the extra power is why I chose it for my smaller steel machine, and cutting aluminum parts is why I bought a spare one.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

Thanks CarveOne,

I was thinking along the same lines...I really liked the nice round body. My next machine will be build of 80/20 and rigid enough to cut aluminum, and I was thinking this router would be really secure to mount. I have the need to do some hand work right now (dados and rabbits), so was being distracted by the edge guide that comes with the Bosch. I can easily build a simple edge guide though to do the same thing.

Curtis

Thanks CarveOne,

I was thinking along the same lines...I really liked the nice round body. My next machine will be build of 80/20 and rigid enough to cut aluminum, and I was thinking this router would be really secure to mount. I have the need to do some hand work right now (dados and rabbits), so was being distracted by the edge guide that comes with the Bosch. I can easily build a simple edge guide though to do the same thing.

Curtis
    In the CNC Wood Router Project forum in my CarveOne's Steel Channel Rebuild thread the latest two posts show my router mounts for the DW611. It is my hope that this machine will cut new ones that replace the hand made mounts with a lot less effort.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

Wow...OK... CarveOne...I hope you have your receipt for Lowes...Here's the REAL deal.

Right now on Amazon, they have $25 off any Dewalt purchase over $100. The router is normally $112.01 with free shipping. When you add it to your cart, it comes down to $87.01.

Screenshot of my checkout below. I really thought I wanted to buy it from lowes so I could get the tool replacement plan on it...but for $87 its worth going with Amazon.

Oh and they do have an edge guide for $14 the DNP618
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen shot 2011-12-06 at 8.15.16 PM.png  

That's typical for the way my luck runs.....

Congrats on the good deal find.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

Quote Originally Posted by sirkossorg View Post
    The original drawing is in Sketchup and was imported into Meshcam (you can see one of the raw pieces after cut in my thread in the GRZ software section). There's really not that much to the design. Are you looking for the Sketchup, Meshcam, or g-code file? The g-code is written for 1/2" stock, 1/8" bit, .05 per pass, 10ipm. Feel free to PM me.
    I'd like the Sektchup file as well if you could post it.

Thanks
    Chris

Page 3 of 4 1234