585,663 active members*
3,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

need help trumpf laser

only on 14 ga material..will start program fine for may b 2 min, then the feed hold will come on...it will peirce and go around holes but not cut them...its also drag n across the material ...tried unplug n dias , change tip, abort program and re entry..still noth n ny ideas?? mike 82

Hi.
    What laser do you have? (i can read it is trumpf but what type, year and control)
    Do you have any error msg?
    Could you supply lst program and tell what where it stops? (row number Nxxx)
    What programming software are you using?

br.
    szymon

1999 trumpf L3030 4k resonator. errors are "cutting head not correctly fastend" using striker software. seimens controls..and as far as line # i dont know i havent checkd it...it happens on multiple programs not just one inperticular. replaced dias cable last week...im wondering if i just need to replace the seals where the cutting head locks in???

This is not software related, its a plain old mechanical fault.

the heads on these are clamped in place against a plate with some "o" ring seals, air is fed in through one seal and back out through another. a pressure sensor expects to see pressure all the time on the output side of the circuit.

If the head gets moved off the seal, the pressure on the output side drops and you get a "head is not tightended" error. There are two possible causes:

1) worn seals
    2) worn head retaining clamp.

What is probably happening is as your head moves around the table, it is wobbling a little (which is anyway bad for cutting) and releasing a little air, triggering the error.

Take the head off, make sure the mount is spotlessley clean. Clean the seals (replace if worn), check that the head is seating securely and if you apply gentle hand pressure it does not move off the seals. It goes without saying, the head needs to be clean. If there is a build up of dust and crap, you are asking for trouble. If in doubt, clean it down, and be sure to clean the optics afterwards.

Often after a bad head crash, the locking bar can become bent, allowing head wobble. Trumpf will sell you a new one, or you can take it off and straighten it. There is nothing complex here, its just simple mechanincs and air seals. Good engineering practice will tell you if its right or not. Check the seals, clean it up, assemble and check the head is mounted nice and firm, if its not, find out why. No magic, just mechanics

trumpf cutting head

couple of thoughts(on a 2030) i was told to lube my z axis more often. well that caused grease and grit to splater around inside the head enclosure and trick the sensor. cleaned it up and back to not erroring out. also when taking the head out when ya hear air change and head comes loose stop twisting. been a lil while since i fixxed but a bolt is supposed to be locktited to a dowl or something like that and when loosened too much the bolt starts backing out and causes errors w/ shield pins comming down. also my laser is quirky. since germans say fatherland instend of motherland i nicknamed my laser "fritzs" dont even know if thats german. sometimes i ignore problems and after shutdown the next day its back to normal. ive had that lil steel block on the shield pins get out of adjustment and yank that diode cable out too. its been hot as hell at work past few weeks and ive had problems w the head not calibrating right. ussually after repeated calibrate on plate it gets right. over nite it errored out and when i got back up and running it tried to cutout the hole w/o dropping the shield pins or droping the head. that was on 3/8th. only seen that once in 3 years. made a nice spot of melted crap.

TRUMPF L3030

hello.

I have a machine TRUMPF L3030, at startup I get the following message:
    File error in the program group: "C:\WINDOWS\STARTUP.GRP".

I have no communication with the PLC.

what I can do?

Thank.

Check your break away plate on the back of the head. If its even slightly released, you will get these errors. Also, check your Z axis calibration.

Sounds like you need to scrub and reload the plc/nck software. Just a thought.

Re: need help trumpf laser

hello you can help me

it's me cnc Trumpf brand 5698 error code do you know what gives YES NO reply

Re: need help trumpf laser

There is a pin on the bottom side of the head that the ceramic makes contact with. Check and make sure its not damaged or encrusted with metal dust.