585,591 active members*
2,519 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser Cutting Machine for invitations

Hi!
    I have a very small invitation business and have decided to take the next step and buy a small laser cutting machine. I have been doing a lot of reading and have only become more confused by the machines out there. Can anyone please recommend my a machine they use for invitations and what I need to look for. Thanks and I really appreciate all your help

You need a co2 galvo type machine with about a 200mm x 200mm marking field unless you want to spend forever cutting 1 intricate design , the machines where the head goes back and forth are too slow.

I agree with the above if you only want to cut cardstock, 30W CO2 and a galvo head should do what you need. Synrad makes nice units with the laser, marker and software as a package deal. There are some used ones online for around $10-15K. This will be THE fastest way. If you want to spend less money, you can go with a flying optics type machine like an Epilog or Vytec or Universal which will be slower but will have a larger work envelope and more versatility for future business ventures. You could also look at Chinese systems if you want something dirt cheap but from a lot of the posts here about them I would never recommend anyone buy one. If you could suggest a budget you are looking to stay within and a comprehensive list of materials you may want to cut, it would be helpful.

Matt

what kind of materials you want to cut or process? i'm in a small&medium power laser equipment manufacturer company, we can provide pre-sales consult and self-develop suitable models to your requirement. if you are interested in, you can write me [email protected]

Hi.. Thanks for all your information..
    I am hoping to stay under 5K.
    I think its good to start and see how the company develops around it before making a big investment. What machines are good in these price range???

You can get a very nice 80w galvo from china for around $6500 and a very nice 80w flying head with at least a 1m x 500mm working area for under $5k, don't be put off with horror stories about junk/cheap chinese lasers , they are mainly promulgated by those that havent got or tried a chinese machine , do your homework in regard to various suppliers and brands.

hi , the company i work in is Golden Laser, it's a listed company, have global after-sales service. can i have your company contact details and ur mail address? and what industry are you in? i am working now, i can forward to our sales dept, they can send you offersheet and quotation for references.