585,719 active members*
4,431 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > How to change color of solid .igs part

Talking How to change color of solid .igs part

I know that is is easy but I brought a solid model in from .igs file....I want to change the color of this assembly and separate them. Is this possible? I think it was a SolidWorks file. Should I just sperate them in SolidWorks? Still would like to change the color of the solids I bring in? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BobCad Solid.JPG  

Pick the select tool (black arrow), and select the part. After you select the part, move the mouse off of the part, and right click. Choose Attributes, Color, and change the color.
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

Color

If you are using v24 you can go to the lower right hand corner of your screen and change the color then select the part, right click, select modify to current color and click ok. That should get you there.

Ernie

Great thanks that worked. That was easy. Sorry I am new to BobCad. Now what about layers or levels? When I brought this part in MasterCam it separated all of the levels of this .igs. How do I get BobCad to do this? Looks like it is all on one layer. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BobCad Solid.JPG   Layers.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by stinkfist View Post
    Great thanks that worked. That was easy. Sorry I am new to BobCad. Now what about layers or levels? When I brought this part in MasterCam it separated all of the levels of this .igs. How do I get BobCad to do this? Looks like it is all on one layer. Thanks
    Go here and download the Video lessons for V24.
    My new V24 videos ready for download - CAD/CAM Trainer

The is a lesson called "Part Origin Setting Lesson" that deals with IGS import.
    Look at all the lessons, it will help you to get going.

Jos
    Holland