500,642 active members
6,612 visitors online
Register for free
Login

Thread: CNC Workshop

Registered

CNC Workshop

I will be at the Digital Machinist CNC Workshop in Ann Arbor from 6/21 to 6/24/2011. I'll be giving 3 seminars, mostly on servo retrofits to CNC machines and EMC2.

Hope to see some of you there!

Jon

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelson View Post
    I will be at the Digital Machinist CNC Workshop in Ann Arbor from 6/21 to 6/24/2011. I'll be giving 3 seminars, mostly on servo retrofits to CNC machines and EMC2.

Hope to see some of you there!

Jon
    Look forward to seeing you there again, Jon.

Are you bringing your touch screen again?

By the way, for those of you are coming, the seminar is in a totally different area this year. Last year we were in the western most building on campus. This year we'll be in the eastern most building on campus.

Tom

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelTom View Post
    Look forward to seeing you there again, Jon.

Are you bringing your touch screen again?

By the way, for those of you are coming, the seminar is in a totally different area this year. Last year we were in the western most building on campus. This year we'll be in the eastern most building on campus.

Tom
    Yes, I should have that big touch screen as well as a new tiny touch screen setup with an Intel D510MO motherboard and a "car computer" touch screen. This is a prototype for a portable CNC control, and will fit into a small Pelican carrying case. Mine isn't very compact, though.

Jon

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelson View Post
    as well as a new tiny touch screen setup with an Intel D510MO motherboard and a "car computer" touch screen.

Jon
    I'm in the midst of installing the D510MO motherboard in a "Point of Sale" case.

Hope we can talk someone into building an even smaller case. There's an awful lot of wasted space inside of my POS case.

Tom

Company Representative
    Sorry we couldn't make it this year - here's hoping for next. :cheers:

The folks at
    Dolphin CAD/CAM USA
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelTom View Post
    I'm in the midst of installing the D510MO motherboard in a "Point of Sale" case.

Hope we can talk someone into building an even smaller case. There's an awful lot of wasted space inside of my POS case.

Tom
    I have seen some cases for these that are the size of a paperback book, and a small one at that.
    Basically 1.5 x 7 x 7"! If you use a DOM SSD, that is about all you need. But, of course, for CNC control, you need to put the motor drives and interface in there, too, so such a small case is not really needed.

Jon