585,717 active members*
3,884 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Software load for Haas

Hi all,

I need upgraded VF-0E's software from 9.31N to 10.35N.

My Haas VF-0E have without Floppy drive. How can I install new software on that? (just via RS232 from computer).

Thank you & best ragards!

Your local HFO will be able to upgrade your software for you:

A Division of Bao Son Technology Production & Trading Co. Ltd.
    Wasaco Building, 10 Pho Quang Street, Ward 2
    Tân Bình District
    Ho Chi Minh City, S.R. Vietnam
    Tel: (84) 8 38 44 71 92
    [email protected]
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

Thanks Ken for your informations.

I just don't know about how can I install with RS232 via computer? The command is the same with install via Floppy disk?

If you don't mind me asking... whats the reason for needing to upgrade?

when power on the machine, monitor appear "system error" at the left bottom. You cannot do anymore, so I think software have a problem. I'm not sure.

My VF-0E have a same problem before, I try install a new software via floppy disk, and it's ok right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hoi.le View Post
    I just don't know about how can I install with RS232 via computer? The command is the same with install via Floppy disk?
    The commands/processes are not the same. Your local HFO will be able to perform this software upgrade.
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

We have a similar problem. We changed the main backup battery and forgot to jump it. We are getting a Input Power Fault due to parameter 730 and 731 being dumped. How can we get past the main screen to re-enter the parameters? We did back up all the parameters to floppy, but we can't get into the system to do anything. I have read that we may need to reload the software. How do we do this?

Quote Originally Posted by hoi.le View Post
    when power on the machine, monitor appear "system error" at the left bottom. You cannot do anymore, so I think software have a problem. I'm not sure.

My VF-0E have a same problem before, I try install a new software via floppy disk, and it's ok right now.
    hoi.le,

Normally, software can be changed in a Haas machine via RS232. It is not as easy as the floppy or USB but it can be done. This must be done by your distributor. In order to upgrade your software any further, you will need to replace your processor. Your system only has .5 megabytes of fast static RAM. You need 1 megabyte to go past version 9.31N.

Quote Originally Posted by mttschiller View Post
    We have a similar problem. We changed the main backup battery and forgot to jump it. We are getting a Input Power Fault due to parameter 730 and 731 being dumped. How can we get past the main screen to re-enter the parameters? We did back up all the parameters to floppy, but we can't get into the system to do anything. I have read that we may need to reload the software. How do we do this?
    mttschiller,

Do to loosing the battery power, I advise to have your dealer clear the memory on the machine, reload software, initialize the machine and reload the parameters. That would be the right way to do it.

Loosing the battery power can corrupt parameter and software.

sytem error

To reload parameters is quite simple if you can navigate through the control. However typically this is not the case with a system error alarm at power up. If you can reset the alarm you are ok but if you can not then you need to dump the BBU memory and the Flash memory. This will clear all offsets, variables, and part programs in memory, as well as parameters and the control software. One thing you can try before this is to reinitialize the control. Again this is only possible if you can navigate through the control. To reinitialize the control you turn setting 7 (parameter lock) to off. Then you hit the alarm button one time. Then type DEBUG and hit enter. At this time you will see a few letter "NNNN"s across the bottom of the screen. This will tell you that you are in the DEBUG mode. Then type whatever your machine is ex: VF2 and then hit enter. Your machine will do a few weird things and may even power off and back on. This is normal. You possibly will get a bunch of alarms also. Again this is normal. Now you will need to load in your parameters. To do this I usually go back into DEBUG first. Hit the list program button and then the parameter button. Now you can type the parameter file you have backed up previously and hit receive rs232. Make sure that your PC with the parameter backup RS232 settings match those on the haas control first. This will load your backed up parameters into the control. Now cycle power. One way to ensure that the parameters were loaded is to orient the spindle (vector drive machines). Another way is to send Z axis to G28 home. When Z is at g28 home, it is at tool change position. The parameter value for this position is different in every machine.

Software loading issues

If you can't navigate through the control because it is locked up then you will need to have the software completely reloaded. (only if corrupted software is the problem and not the actual processor). However the process for loading software on a new processor is the same as loading it onto an old one. This is something that actually a certified Haas tech should do. The reason is that I don't think many people have backups of the actual software that runs the machine. Haas is pretty strict on the HFO's in regards to software. As a certified Tech who has upgraded and reloaded hundreds of machines software over the years, I would recommend for a shop owner/ manager to pony up the cost to have a Tech come do this. I have had text book software loads take 10 minutes long to do, as well as software loads that have taken me 4 hours to do. Sometimes issues happen in the software load process due to other issues with the machine that can be a pain to figure out. The newer machines with USB ports are very easy to reload software. The older machines on the other hand can leave you standing in front of the machine scratching your head. If you have the software however, let me know and I will explain to you how to load it up.

Yeah, I think we are going to have to have the tech come out and do it. We can't get into the control at all, it just beeps at us no matter what button we press. I guess that's what we get for figuring out what the battery with the jumper cables is for after we pull out the old batteries.

If you can't navigate through the control because it is locked up then you will need to have the software completely reloaded. (only if corrupted software is the problem and not the actual processor). However the process for loading software on a new processor is the same as loading it onto an old one. This is something that actually a certified Haas tech should do. The reason is that I don't think many people have backups of the actual software that runs the machine. Haas is pretty strict on the HFO's in regards to software. As a certified Tech who has upgraded and reloaded hundreds of machines software over the years, I would recommend for a shop owner/ manager to pony up the cost to have a Tech come do this. I have had text book software loads take 10 minutes long to do, as well as software loads that have taken me 4 hours to do. Sometimes issues happen in the software load process due to other issues with the machine that can be a pain to figure out. The newer machines with USB ports are very easy to reload software. The older machines on the other hand can leave you standing in front of the machine scratching your head. If you have the software however, let me know and I will explain to you how to load it up.

It seems like the software is starting ok though.. we just can't get past the "Input Power Fault" alarm to re- enter our parameters that we saved to disk. Is there any way to get past this alarm? We are running a VF-2 purchased around 2005.

Re: Software load for Haas

Hello

Could you solve the problem?

best regards

Question Re: Software loading issues

Quote Originally Posted by NWSERVICEGUY View Post
    Hello,

I have a Haas VF-2 2005, two months ago we turned on the CNC, it did not reach the operating system, it only showed a number in hexadecimal.

A technician from Haas, gave us the diagnosis, the proccessor card was damaged.

We send the proccessor to repair, after repair, when the CNC turns on, it shows the software version (30.14)
    Ram Memory 1024k
    And a system symbol:
    >

In the next visit the technician of Haas told us that it was necessary to install the software, he left us a file list (m1318b.bin), and showed us how to install.

Type S38400 and then the F command

We have tried several times, but when the file starts to rise, on the screen we see:

Header Error

Any tip or idea to fix this problem?

Thanks!!

Re: Software loading issues

Hi , I have the same issue, I can’t reload the software at my haas , could you please help me?

Thanks

I've seen a few posts similar to this over the years- , and also others about 232 comms setup problems between PC and Haas in genreal. Proper Serial Comms setup and xmission settings from the Haas to the PC with the file is specific. While I do not know this error specifically I think you could have an issue in the setup and 232 communications on the PC? 38400 is the baud rate. header error is that something is not correct in the protocol is my guess/opinion. See other posts about how the flow type and bit. like Xmodem or xon/xoff and 7e,1 38400 etc. I think your solution lies in there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eordaz View Post
    Hi , I have the same issue, I can’t reload the software at my haas , could you please help me?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nacho007 View Post
    Hello,

I have a Haas VF-2 2005, two months ago we turned on the CNC, it did not reach the operating system, it only showed a number in hexadecimal.

A technician from Haas, gave us the diagnosis, the proccessor card was damaged.

We send the proccessor to repair, after repair, when the CNC turns on, it shows the software version (30.14)
    Ram Memory 1024k
    And a system symbol:
    >

In the next visit the technician of Haas told us that it was necessary to install the software, he left us a file list (m1318b.bin), and showed us how to install.

Type S38400 and then the F command

We have tried several times, but when the file starts to rise, on the screen we see:

Header Error

Any tip or idea to fix this problem?

Thanks!!
    Hi, can you share me the procedure to load the .bin file to my haas

Thanks