584,879 active members*
5,410 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > looking in to Dolphin cad/cam help

looking in to Dolphin cad/cam help

hi all,

been looking into getting some cad/cam software and strolled upon Dolphin. at the mo its seems to be what I'm after, but i have a few question's.

on there web site i see 2 main version, Partmaster pro and Dolphin 3d cam. i think i'm more interested in D3dcam, but apart from the normal wright up i cant find any info like the price, demo or any tutorials on D3dcam. the demo i did down load was PMP 2007 i think.

talking of price. on the U.S web site Partmaster pro mill is $599 and the same again for lathe =$1200 ish (£747). on the U.K site it's £1200 + plus vat at 20% = £1440 ($2'312) for both. thats double the price...... why?

if any one has a copy of D3dcam could you post a screen shot of a drawing your working on, just for a reference.

can D3dcam do continuous 4th and 5th axis machining?

when you do a drawing dose it look roughly like.... say SolidWorks/cam for example?

thanks in advance.

Contact the folks in the Dolphin UK. There are some slight differences between the different products offered that are more geared for each individual market.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support