585,997 active members*
5,233 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Incessant Pneumatic Pressure Alarms on Citizen A20

Incessant Pneumatic Pressure Alarms on Citizen A20

Hi all,
    I have a 2007 Citizen A20 that has started giving me Pneumatic Pressure alarms all the damn time.

At first I just thought it was a supply issue, but I put a little air tank with a check valve between the shop air supply and the machine, to make a little reservoir for the air pressure. It didn't really help.

I know that there is a pressure gage on the back of the machine, and if it drops below 17PSI, it will alarm. The alarm seems totally random, not just when blowing out a spindle or something (that would be easy to fix).

I was wondering if I am missing something here or of there is some way to diagnose the problem and figure out what I need to do so the pressure stops dropping so much.
    thanks!

If I remember correctly, my C320 loader throws a pneumatic alarm before the A20 does. Are you getting low pressure alarm on the loader? We have the air line tee into the loader and machine from one line.

Maybe you have a faulty pressure switch?

ckd pressure set

These are usually set 16kpa min 24 kpa max with a nominal of 20 kpa. If you have an incoming of 17 kpa then it is, most likely, tripping low limit.If you have the A-20 with a C-320 loader there is alot of air demand and the 17 kpa might not be enough when demand is high.
    good luck

Re: Incessant Pneumatic Pressure Alarms on Citizen A20

Hello,

We're having the same issue on a Citizen L20, did you have any resolution for this??

Thank you,

Ben

Re: Incessant Pneumatic Pressure Alarms on Citizen A20

Not sure if you've fixed this yet.

I just had a similar problem with a chucker lathe. We opened up two air guns on the same line and saw the inlet pressure to the machine drop rather more rapidly than we were used to seeing and surmised that our feed line pressure was dropping. We localized the pressure drop to the main compressor outlet moisture coalescer (big sintered bronze doodad) that had slowly build up crud over the years. We threw the coalescer element into an ultrasonic bath with hot detergent and gave it a varsol flush which pushed out a lot of goo and cleared up our pressure alarm problems. Look for oil or water droplet coalescer elements in your pneumatic chain from compressor to machine and see if some of them have gotten clogged.