584,879 active members*
4,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser will not fire

I have a Chines laser that will not fire. Its about 3 years old, used it last weekend and worked OK. Water is flowing and the laser head is moving. Is there a troubleshooting guide out ther someplace. To check the water flow, Power suppley, something to get started out how to find trouble. Thanks

I would start by checking the door switch. If it is not working, the laser will not fire.

Procedure for checking

1. Check the focal length : readjust the focus
    2. Check the focus lens : make it clean
    3. Check the light path : adjust the light path
    4. Check the other reflectors : make them clean
    5. Check the water circulation : make it circle
    6. Check the temperature of the water : make the water not so hot

May this will help you.

Check the parameters like speed and power of the file you are sending is correct and they the item is being output

If you have a laser button on the machine control panel that allows firing independantly of the computer and this doesnt work then:
    check the water flow sensor if you have one
    check any safety interlock switches (like the aforementioned door switch)
    Check the power supply fuse is still ok (inside the powersupply box) ,if the powersuppy box has a fan and its not working , then the fuse is probably blown
    check the power supply is working and hasnt popped a component
    check the tube and all wiring to it
    Check the motherboard wiring to the laser
    If you can actualy see the tube fire inside the tube but get no output at the laser head , check the optic path

:cheers:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gold View Post
    Check the parameters like speed and power of the file you are sending is correct and they the item is being output

If you have a laser button on the machine control panel that allows firing independantly of the computer and this doesnt work then:
    check the water flow sensor if you have one
    check any safety interlock switches (like the aforementioned door switch)
    Check the power supply fuse is still ok (inside the powersupply box) ,if the powersuppy box has a fan and its not working , then the fuse is probably blown
    check the power supply is working and hasnt popped a component
    check the tube and all wiring to it
    Check the motherboard wiring to the laser
    If you can actualy see the tube fire inside the tube but get no output at the laser head , check the optic path

Laser not firing

Thanks for the info on this. I have been out of town a few days. The power supply has 2 red lights on it, when laser is turned on both lights are on dim, if you open a door thay go out, if you unplug the water thay go out, so I think that looks like switches and water flow is OK. when I run a cut file the red lights on the power supply go bright red but the tube does not fire, at the end of the tube were the power goes in it looks like it get light but does not fire. If the line that comes out of the power supply is close to the metal it sparks, It looks good, no cuts were the power should be coming from. Move the line from the metal and it still does not work so I don't think the line is broken. I don't know were to go from here, I have emailed a few of the people on ebay that sells tubes and power supply, but its been over a week and no come back so I don't know were I can get parts even if I can find out whats wrong. Thanks Dan

Unplug the 6 pin green plug out of the power supply and press the black test button. When your laser fires the tube turns pink. If it still doesn't fire then your laser tube is bad. If it does fire then likely your control card power output DAC is bad.

We can sell you whatever parts you need out of Las Vegas, NV, USA.

Visit our website at Home page