585,752 active members*
3,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Water Table for 5x10 Dynatorch

I want to build a water table for me machine but have no idea where to start or how to design my table. I have a older dynatorch which works very good.
    I would appreicate any information, photos, whatever you can provide.
    Thank you, Dawg

Dawg,

Check out plain ol bill's build, it is the best way to go.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/plasma...10_plasma.html

I had intended to add a water table later but wish I had done it at build time now. Mainly because I have to change the design a bit. I will post to my build thread when I pick it back up in a week or two. The bladder/tank is done and works great. It drains fast with only 2psi. The tray is done too but I will need to finish up the slat holders and figure in some sort of screen to trap parts. Another five hours of welding/fitting and then a weekend installing. Vacation is getting in the way.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Jim, I ran out of time to get some detail to you, but here are some pics of the bladder/tank....

The fittings used to make it all run are 2) 2.5" ball valves for filling, you can open both for a fast fill or just one to kiss the plate (I hope!) The air input is 1/2" with a nice regulator. I could of used a 1/4" though, it does not take much air to work it. The "drain" or "bleed" valve is 3/4" and will basically dump the air to let water flow back in the tank. I put two 1/4" elbows top and bottom to put a vinyl hose between for a sight gauge, works good but may just be a fancy option. The others are for pressure gauges and safety pop-offs.

Tommy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN5036.JPG   DSCN5041.JPG   DSCN5042.JPG  
    www.metaltechus.com

WSS, thanks for posting those pics. I am in the same boat as Dawg. I have a Dynatorch that is up and running (but I have still got a heap to learn) and want a watertable. I have actually started to make my water table and was going to settle on filling with a hose and lowering by draining to a drain outside. I had seen tables on the net that raised and lowered the water level by air but didn’t actually understand how this was done. I thought it would just blow bubbles, lol! I sorta understand now thanks to your pics. But clear this up for me … inside your tank … is there a bladder? My understanding of a bladder is like a thick walled balloon … and the inflation or deflation of it displaces volume within the tank thus allowing water to enter or be pushed out? Is that right WSS? I need to understand what is happening before I attempt to make my own. Thanks for any info mate. Cheers.

Lol! I have just done some reading and looking at pics. No balloon required. Its all about compressed air in one end and water out the other. Hmmmm.

Ya, it took me awhile to grasp what was happening. It is that simple, air in water out. it takes very little pressure to move the water. I think displacement is a better description. The water starts to move almost immediately.

I will post some detail to my build thread when I pick it back up late next week.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com