585,754 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > Mori SL3 H Fanuc 10T F lost parameters and now almost runs well

Mori SL3 H Fanuc 10T F lost parameters and now almost runs well

Hello all, I have a Mori Seiki SL3 H with Fanuc 10TF controller which had lost its parameters and had most of them restored. It runs now, well... sort of.

After startup and after manually jogging the machine, it fails to take the jogged distance into account when calling up a tool change together with offset. It then acts as if it is still at the last programmed position and not at the jogged position. It accepts an MDI move and "remembers" where it is supposed to be. I can also jog to "home" where it re-calibrates everything again and I can continue working. The danger is if I forget to zero the machine after jogging.

Briefly, ALL programmed and MDI moves are remembered, but jogged moves are not, unless we jog back to the X0Y0 position (machine zero) where it zeros itself.

History; A glitch while running a program resulted in the machine stopping and an error window appearing with the some RAM and ROM test results and a last message of "Check System Label: ERROR"

A technician came to reset parameters.
    He took out the FAPT board and put a blank one in place, erased ALL the data, then put the original FAPT board back. He reloaded our previously backed up parameters (from 6 months ago) via RS232 and hand loaded the 9000 series parameters as well as the timers, counters and some others.
    The technician can't figure out the problem but believes that it is connected with the 9000 or other hand typed parameters. He also thinks that it might have to do with an absolute/relative problem and said that some machines have a button on the panel to flick.

Would anyone offer an opinion on this, regards, Roland

Thats the manual absolute parameter. Need to be st to absolute, think its in incremental right now. I'll try to find a 10/11 manual.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Thats the manual absolute parameter. Need to be st to absolute, think its in incremental right now. I'll try to find a 10/11 manual.
    Do you think that parameter is part of the Fanuc series (up to 9000) or part of the Mori specific group?

Most Fanuc controls have an "absolute" switch or parameter which needs to be "on" or BAD things can happen. Go to the parameter "setting" page and see if there's a "manual absolute" parameter. It should be "on." Some older CNC's have a toggle or push button switch.

Do you have any ideas on which parameter this might be?
    Roland