585,888 active members*
3,988 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Break out board with mach3 for temp control

Break out board with mach3 for temp control

I have a machine with Mach3 running and I want to add temperature control for a plastic extruder and a base plate. Sort of like a big Makerbot or RepRap machine.
    Would the best thing to use be a Kflop board or are there more alternatives?
    I see some USB boards and some folks using Arduino based add-ons.
    Any suggestions?
    Allen
    Louisville KY

Not sure if is what your are exactly looking for but have a look.

GnexlabStore

Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails isi_kucuk_m.jpg  

Thanks Jeff!
    That would work for the machine.

I was originally looking for a board that would interface with Mach3 so it could be operated with the G-code. The plan was to use ReplicatorG to generate the G-code from an .stl file, then feed the code to Mach3. The machine would then become a large version of the Cupcake or RepRap type machine.

Another question....
    Can you use the Makerbot extruder controller v3-6 through the USB port to control the temps while running Mach3 for motor control? http://store.makerbot.com/extruder-controller-v3-6.html

Having the temperature controlled by Mach3 will allow me to use the machine for some other planned projects in the future.
    Allen
    Louisville KY

Be careful ordering from gnexlabstore

Just a a caution - I had a bad experience ordering from gnexlabstore. Here is an excerpt from the email I sent them:

I finally received it today - 11/12/2012. (13 days after order)

I had no idea it was coming from Turkey. I would not have bought it if I had known it would come by regular mail from Turkey
    Then you sent it registered mail, so that I had to sign for it. I am not at home during the day and cannot sign for packages. If I had know you were going to send it registered mail, I would not have bought it. I had to wait for the post office to be open after the holiday weekend, and then wait in line at the post office for an hour today to pick up the package.

Then, you packed the circuit board in NON-STATIC bubble wrap, and then in a bubble wrap envelope. This is inexcusable. On a long journey like this, the bubble wrap can generate all kinds of static charges that can damage the circuits. Without a box, the circuit board can be bent and flexed, loosening parts.

For a $5 product, I would expect this.
    For a $125 product, I expect much more.

I think you need to be honest about where you are located on your website.
    I think you need to send items without needing a signature on the receiving end.
    I think you need to package your product to protect it during shipping.

The circuit board may be wonderful, but I won't be surprised if it does not work at all.