585,599 active members*
3,588 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

post processer

hey guys just started using solidcam 2010 but there is only 5 or 6 machines i can choose from for my post processer any ideas why?
    the post processer i need is for a fadal vmc 4020 using a cnc 88hs controller

There are lots of post processors available from your reseller. Alternatively you can create your own (as a lot of people on this forum have)

Quote Originally Posted by Brakeman Bob View Post
    There are lots of post processors available from your reseller. Alternatively you can create your own (as a lot of people on this forum have)
    they wont do it and i dont no how

Quote Originally Posted by juniormachinist View Post
    they wont do it
    Excuse me, I don't buy that one at all. They are more than willing to help with the post assuming your properly licensed.

Quote Originally Posted by foxsquirrel View Post
    Excuse me, I don't buy that one at all. They are more than willing to help with the post assuming your properly licensed.
    well they said no because the think that mine isnt a licensed one which it is

I, like many others, just write my own post processor files.

They may be be as clever as they could be, but they work well for me.

I have Fadal 3016 (fanuc 0i control) and Haas VF2.

For the Fadal I started with the Fanuc PP supplied and modified it over time to suit my needs.

The Haas PP is just a modification of the Fanuc PP. But I've since added a few more options to the drill cycles such as chip break pecking, deep hole drilling with variable depth peck and also used the drill cycles to perform Haas G12 & G13 pocket machining.

Reading the GPP help file tells you everything.

Get in touch with SolidCAM Head Office in Israel. They hold all the records and, if it's SolidCAM/SolidWorks bundle, they hold the SolidWorks licence data as well for evey copy of SolidCAM sold. They can tell you if if it is a licensed copy or not and if it is, they will tell your reseller.

What puzzles me is if your reseller sold you the seat of SolidCAM then why do they think it is unlicensed? Or did you buy it from someone else and they have gone out of business? In that case the SolidCAM Israel route is they only way you get some support.

I know the SolidCAM ANZ guys well, and I know they would not refuse to help without good reason. Did you supply them with your dongle number?