586,000 active members*
4,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

making a post processor

ok ive heard alot of people have made there own post processor so i wanted to give it a shot because the ones i have dont 100% suite my machine hoping that someone could explain how and cbf going to solidcam and asking them to do it

Use your reseller! ...ask the SolidCAM ANZ guys to help you out! ([email protected]) ...they are all CNC machinists by trade and know what they are talking about! I have yet to give them a problem they can't solve!!

I searching my postprocessor too ... i have simple homemade 3axis CNC router contoled by mach3 and i use solidworks to do models.. but i cant make post processor for my type machine to generate right G-code... i try ArtCAM it is very simple thing to do G-code but i cant cant make 3d part to open in Artcam... so i want to use solidcam... please help me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_CNC View Post
    Use your reseller! ...ask the SolidCAM ANZ guys to help you out! ([email protected]) ...they are all CNC machinists by trade and know what they are talking about! I have yet to give them a problem they can't solve!!
    i wanted to have a shot at trying to make my own just for experience but im unsure how any ideas how

Do you have a legal copy of the software? I'm not in the habit of assisting with the use of illegal copies.
    PM me your details (name and business the software is registered with) and I'll speak to the SolidCAM guys.

Woodlandia, Log Home Building Equipment - Online Expos

Here is a link to a decent post processor.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself when I came across this.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelthomas View Post

do you even no what a post processor is?

Do you know what levity is?

Do you know what levity is?
    no

Quote Originally Posted by juniormachinist View Post
    no
    An Xbox 360 does not have a book called a dictionary and not does it promote communications skills. Years of poor parenting are starting to bare alot of heavy fruit......

If everything is legal with your SolidCAM you should have absoulutley no problems getting support. Their excellent techs used go-to-meeting and remotely fixed an issue I had.

Can you post your dongle # and copy of a bill of sale and I will call my rep and pass that information along so they might be able to get to the bottom of the "poor" tech support.

Now that was funny!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by foxsquirrel View Post
    ...Can you post your dongle # and copy of a bill of sale and I will call my rep and pass that information along so they might be able to get to the bottom of the "poor" tech support.
    I don't believe for one second that SolidCAM ANZ have provided "poor" support! I'm guessing that juniormachinist has an illegal copy of the software, and if thats the case (that he can't provide the details of a legal dongle), do you really blame them for refusing support? ....he's lucky they haven't already started legal action!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_CNC View Post
    I don't believe for one second that SolidCAM ANZ have provided "poor" support! I'm guessing that juniormachinist has an illegal copy of the software, and if thats the case (that he can't provide the details of a legal dongle), do you really blame them for refusing support? ....he's lucky they haven't already started legal action!!
    I agree with you 100% in regards to the pirate copy, this forum is one of the worst places for helping pirates. The MasterCam forum is worse, the big dog (also a MC rep) on the Mastercam forum is a master and was helping out all the pirates, I value his dedication and kindness however I paid $20,0000 for our MasterCrap dongle and feel its not right helping out the pirates.

Any one that says SolidCam does not have good support is a liar, they bent over backwards to help me out.......

Make your own pp for SolidCAM

This link should be helpful
    Solidcam Gpptool

i am editing my legal post processor by myself,
    there is a help file inside solidcam directory, and it tells what parameter is doing when posting gcode, you can modify yours. it is not difficult, if you know a programming language before. it has lots of call and if-then-else statements.

The biggest help for me was learning to turn the 'trace' to 5 in the .gpp. Then you can see everything Solidcam is doing/trying to do.

At that point, as fabrika said, if you know how to do any programming then its fairly easy to figure out.