585,715 active members*
3,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > How I generate post in metric not inch

How I generate post in metric not inch

Hy everyone,
    Today I used for first time Gibbscam and I am a little bit NOOB at it. I maded a part in solidworks, I opened it with gibbscam, and i finished my piece programing, and when I want to generate the Gcode, choosing my post, the metric and inch selection are locked, is this because of the post?
    I need help fast!And who want some posts, I have more than 2000 posts in txt mode and pst. For mill turn, edm wire etc
    Also I have ComPost for editing posts!
    Just write and I will give you!
    Thanks all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by claudiu220405 View Post
    Hy everyone,
    Today I used for first time Gibbscam and I am a little bit NOOB at it. I maded a part in solidworks, I opened it with gibbscam, and i finished my piece programing, and when I want to generate the Gcode, choosing my post, the metric and inch selection are locked, is this because of the post?
    I need help fast!And who want some posts, I have more than 2000 posts in txt mode and pst. For mill turn, edm wire etc
    Thanks all of you!
    No, it is not because of your post. In the Documents palette you select the format (inch/metric) that you are working with, and that is how the system will calculate everything. When you post your part file, your .pst file will output according to whether you set it to inch or metric. You need the .pst file modified to output inch to metric, or vice versa. Since you have Compost and edit .pst files, you should already know that.

Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    No, it is not because of your post. In the Documents palette you select the format (inch/metric) that you are working with, and that is how the system will calculate everything. When you post your part file, your .pst file will output according to whether you set it to inch or metric. You need the .pst file modified to output inch to metric, or vice versa. Since you have Compost and edit .pst files, you should already know that.
    This is the idea, that I am new in Gibbscam and I do not know how to modify!
    Insert my skype ID claudiu221289 and we can talk there more if you can help me.
    Thanks for answering me!

I don't have or use Compost, so I can't help you with that. There is Compost instruction at Gibbsonline, but you need to be on maintenance to have access to it.

If your part program is 2D or 3D without any CS, use the Posthaste plugin. The templates are easy to create/modify and you should be able to edit an existing one fast.

Looking for Gibbscam posts

Quote Originally Posted by claudiu220405 View Post
    Hy everyone,
    Thanks all of you!
    Hello i am new to Gibbscam just starting out have version 9 but was not given
    any posts with the program i would really like to get any posts you would like
    to share if you really have an editer for posts that would be great also let me know.
    Thanks for any help in advance from Wichita, Kansas.
    I would be happy to help you any way i can!
    I left copy in your visitor box with more info!

http://dl.transfer.ro/Gibbscam_Post_...jul-b4b3ee.zip
    For everybody here is the link from where you can download posts and Compost!
    Have a nice day and still wait for my help about generate in metric!

Hello,
    Kinda late with this reply, but I am looking for the ComPost application to help edit posts. Thanks in advance.

Jon

Re: How I generate post in metric not inch

Hey I tried the link but no luck , you mind uploading it again? or send it to my email