585,712 active members*
4,007 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Syil X7 or S7 - User feedback

Question Syil X7 or S7 - User feedback

Hello all,

I would value some feedback from owners / users of Syil X7 or the newer S7 machines. What do you think of machine rigidity, machined part surface finish and abiltiy of machine to hold component size. Would you buy the machine again? Any other comments?

I have been researching CNC mills for my home shop for months now and I have narrowed my choice to either the Syil X7 (or S7) or the Mikini 1610L. Both machines seem to have had their share of problems with spindle drives from what I have read in other posts. I see that Syil have changed to VSD drive for the spindle and hopefully this has been trouble free. Anyone have problems with the Syil VSD spindle drive?

Any comments from owners, good, bad or indifferent would be appreciated. It's tough making a decision on what to buy when I have not seen either machine actually machining something. Hopefully, responses to this post will help with my decision.

thanks in advance
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by chevalier View Post
    Hello all,

I would value some feedback from owners / users of Syil X7 or the newer S7 machines. What do you think of machine rigidity, machined part surface finish and abiltiy of machine to hold component size. Would you buy the machine again? Any other comments?

I have been researching CNC mills for my home shop for months now and I have narrowed my choice to either the Syil X7 (or S7) or the Mikini 1610L. Both machines seem to have had their share of problems with spindle drives from what I have read in other posts. I see that Syil have changed to VSD drive for the spindle and hopefully this has been trouble free. Anyone have problems with the Syil VSD spindle drive?

Any comments from owners, good, bad or indifferent would be appreciated. It's tough making a decision on what to buy when I have not seen either machine actually machining something. Hopefully, responses to this post will help with my decision.

thanks in advance
    Greg

frist i got your message,and i will push my dealer contact you asap for quotation.

regards the mikinimech,i only want to say they are one of syil engineer left at 2006 then connect a US company mr phlip(which want to become our dealer before syil america),spend on a year to make 1610 machines.
    our x7 similar because the design mostly similar.we just change coloum big.and make more solid casting stands.

but i still think it is our make it original,from production quantity,we over them too much.not only just vfd,or atc,Or encloser..things.
    the guy of our left engineer now working another jobs at shanghai during a payment not paid from a middle trading company. so..this year they mostly stop the business...i heard from them manufacture owner said...

but one day they will keep going one,i`m sure. 1610 is good products as syil 7 series..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg   4.jpg  
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Greg

I have a X7 2010 model and I have had alot of trouble with the spindle driver and torque of motor. If you get 2011 model with VFD spindle hopefullly it would be a lot better.

I have also had trouble with the axis motors losing steps. The rapid movement is very abrupt. I had to change the parameters in the control to make this movement slower and it has seemed to fix it.

The rigidity is not as good as some of the larger machines I have used but I have just been taking smaller cuts and you get there eventually.

We live in the same state if you want to come and see mine running!

Hi, I'm a bit curious, which larger machines are you comparing to X7/S7 when you mention rigidity? Any videos? The ones I found on you tube are useless -- or at least I did not see any taking a cut comparable to what I do with my puny X4.

Again just curious as already have a larger VMC. Thanks!

Yes, you are not the first to highlight that the Syil profiles are too aggressive in acceleration. IMHO Syil should be more conservative in the Mach3 profile to ensure reliable operation... Then if the owner wants they can tweak the heck of it, but Syil should provide a stable baseline.

However, in order to do so you kind of have to use the machine for production. A few years ago I had the impression that Syil did not use their own machines to make their parts, but rather contracted local(?) companies to do it -- which could make total sense in terms of economics and resource availability. That may have changed. And I really have no basis for that opinion/feeling other than issues like the one you described and that my very early machine (2007 ?) had layout lines, which you obviously would not be needed if they were using the SX3 to produce the SX3 conversion parts.

So I could be totally wrong, but I would be curious (again) to learn if Syil produces parts on their own machines, and if they do not, suggest that they do as part of the product development process, but may they are already doing that

pdh8953

Thanks for the reply and comments.
    I am hoping the change to VSD technology has solved the spindle drive issues. I have been reading your posts on the issues you have been having, hoped you were up and running since its been some time from your last post. Thought you may have taken the offer from Syil to upgrade to a VSD.
    I would like to discuss your X7 with you further. I will send you a PM with my contact details or you can PM me with your mobile number and when is a good time to call. I live in Eltham.

Hope to talk with you soon. Write a PM to you as soon as I post this

Greg