585,581 active members*
3,886 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Get machine parameters from a TNC 151

I have a friend with the same machine and controler as I, but it is asking for the machine parameters to be reloaded (in german no less). It is an Interact I mk 2 with a TNC 151 controler. I have the same machine, but am just learning the controller and everything else .

Would the parameters be the same? Could someone tell me how to get the parameters out of my controller, or send me the parameter list for the controler/machine combination?

Thanks,

Paul

Still working on getting the spindle on my machine going. I am on the road for a while, so no progress yet.

It comes up in German because the parameters are gone. Make sure the 3 AA batteries are good and that there is no corrosion in the battery holder. If there is corrosion, you may need to remove the control and make sure the leakage did not eat away anything on a board.
    Press the CE button (clear error) and it should go to the parameter page ask ask for a value for the first parameter. You can enter the "sister" machine's parameters but be aware that some are machine specific. These are usually written onto the parameter sheet longhand. This includes backlash and travel limits for each axis from the home switch.
    You cannot download your parameters because you probably do not have any. This may also explain why your spindle drive does not come on.
    You can upload parameters by setting up the control in RS232 and the baud rate under the MOD key. You will need the correct cable and COMM software. Then press EXT and enter and they should go in.

BTW, I will be at my office in the morning, and I will see if I can email you that KTK drive stuff.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

George,

Thanks for the help. It is my friends machine that has its parameter list gone. I have to figure out how to get the parameter list out of my machine. Unfortunately, neither machine had a list of parameters in the cabinet. I have a partial list in one of the manuals I received, I think that they are the lash and travel numbers.

Any instructions on how to get a list of parameters out of my machine? I looked in the programming manual, but could not see how to list the parameters out. It would be good to have these written down somewhere.

Paul

If you have RS232:
    Press MOD.
    Arrow up or down untill you see CODE=.
    95148 ENTER.
    (parameters should be displayed.)
    Press EXT.
    Press NO ENT.
    (parameters should be dumped out).

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks George

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    If you have RS232:
    Press MOD.
    Arrow up or down untill you see CODE=.
    95148 ENTER.
    (parameters should be displayed.)
    Press EXT.
    Press NO ENT.
    (parameters should be dumped out).

George
    Just done this on my interact4 with 155 and it comes up with " program number" and pressing any button come up then with "incorrect number" then can't seem to get off the parameter screen. What am I doing wrong? I know the 232 works as I upload and download programs regularly.
    Thanks
    Phil