Folks,

I'm new on this forum and I'm also new to a recently acquired gang tool lathe with a Fanuc 0i Mate TB control. My question has to do with the program files that are on a CF card. The card was formatted on the machine and there are valid programs on it that I can see from the control console and that I can read. I can also delete files and punch files on this card. All seems well from the machine point of view.

When I remove the CF card and stick it in my PC laptop (XP) I cannot see the program files. All I see are about 40 journaling and indexing files whose total size adds up to about 100KB less than the CF properties tell me. All the files I see are in a hidden directory (folder). I've opened them all and there is no indication of any program ascii material. If I stick this CF card in a Mac, I see no files whatsoever.

What I want to do is edit these files using NOTEPAD on the PC but ... where are my files?

I hope this is an appropriate sub-forum for this question - seems to be certainly Fanuc related.

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers,
Rich