585,758 active members*
4,402 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Citizen E32 No. 2 Turret Servo Alarm

Question Citizen E32 No. 2 Turret Servo Alarm

Is there anyone here that has experience with the Citizen E32? More specifically, it is an E2-32. Whether that designation is necessary or not, I don't know. Anyway, to the point...

About a week ago, in the morning, at power up, I would intermittently get Alarm EX008 No. 2 Turret Servo Alarm. Powering off the machine and powering up again fixed it, initially, for the rest of the day. The alarm has now progressed to the point of the machine only being able to run a part or two before alarming out.

I called Citizen about it. They said they think it may be the drive for that servo is dieing. It is an obsolete drive, meaning not available new. I have searched for it online with no luck. I found a place that will repair it, but they won't tell me for how much until I send it to them for evaluation.

Has anyone run across the above mentioned problem? If so, was it the drive? Could it possibly be a temperature issue? If it happens to be the drive, does anyone have an E32 parts machine that might be willing to sell a working turret servo drive? The drive is: Melservo-SC 102T

Any help is much appreciated.

Mike :drowning:

we have had 3 boards on our e32 taken out and repaired no problems

I had a similar problem and it was the fan dirty. Crazy.

Working on an L3 16/20 with meldas 320 controller it was one of the fans to the drives having a ton of dirt and grime. You should open up the rear cab and clean with a shop vac. Do not use compressed air.

The drives are around 7k each. Mitsubishi electric will almost always be able to source them for you but not citizen. After a whole the drives, encoders, monitors, and control membranes become obsolete part numbers.

The soft keyboard membrane... 3k. So be careful. It's crazy how much they cost, but truly they know the machine is there to make Benjamins. Alot of them. So they charge alot.

I completely overhauled that L3 16/20 machine. Painted it to look like a new machine. All new encoders, bearings, spindle tubes, chuck devices, even key ways and keys. Sounded like a banshee before the overhaul. Completely quiet afterwards. But still only worth about 10k. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo_454 View Post
    Is there anyone here that has experience with the Citizen E32? More specifically, it is an E2-32. Whether that designation is necessary or not, I don't know. Anyway, to the point...

About a week ago, in the morning, at power up, I would intermittently get Alarm EX008 No. 2 Turret Servo Alarm. Powering off the machine and powering up again fixed it, initially, for the rest of the day. The alarm has now progressed to the point of the machine only being able to run a part or two before alarming out.

I called Citizen about it. They said they think it may be the drive for that servo is dieing. It is an obsolete drive, meaning not available new. I have searched for it online with no luck. I found a place that will repair it, but they won't tell me for how much until I send it to them for evaluation.

Has anyone run across the above mentioned problem? If so, was it the drive? Could it possibly be a temperature issue? If it happens to be the drive, does anyone have an E32 parts machine that might be willing to sell a working turret servo drive? The drive is: Melservo-SC 102T

Any help is much appreciated.

Mike :drowning: