584,846 active members*
3,994 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: fagor 8055

fagor 8055

Hey All, I'm having a little trouble understanding the users manual for the fagor 8055. I think they wrote it on Mars or I'm from Pluto. I am trying to understand how to program helical interpolation..anyone know how and can help me understand? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cncsed View Post
    I am trying to understand how to program helical interpolation.
    If you are reading the example on page 13, the example has an error.
    G03 X0 Y0 I15 J0 Z50 K5
    X0 Y0 is the point to rotate to. (also start point)
    I15 J0 is the centre point (incremental from start point)
    Z50 is the Z end depth.
    K5 is distance between the rotations.
    With this combination the rotations need to be 360deg. (50/5 = 10 rotations.)

error

ok..what is the error in the example? how many lines of code should it take to do it..i can get the machine to mill a circle but no vertical movement during the program

ok..what is the error in the example?
    Book shows: G03 X0 Y0 I15 Z50 K5
    (J0 is missing).

...how many lines of code should it take to do it..
    One

missing

Ok, J 0 is missing and one line of code...I worked on it again to day. i could not get the controller to take a K entry..every time I put a value in K I got an error stating that the circular path was not programmed properly. I did get it to run the program with only making one circle and the cutter would make a full travel the Z distance programmed. I was basically trying to do an external thread type program, and I found I needed to program an exit move or the cutter would interpolate into my work piece upon finishing the circle. Please bare with me some here, I have not done my G coded programming, mostly conversational and with the biggest part of that on a Hurco with Winmax. What i am trying to do is learn how to run our Fagor controls to a higher complexity than just a few canned cycles. I also have a Heidenhain to learn. any imput greatly appreciated

Post the code for us to see.

errors

getting either 1084 or 1085...I guess, I do not have the tool positioned properly to start the program? and I think there is something to not having the proper K value to allow the machine to run it also..I actually did get it to run in space once today, but not sure how to get everything right to machine material. one thing is the book examples are metric..we dingys use inch. It is suppose to be easy to toggle between the two units, right? Last time I tried it, i totally whacked the perimeters and had to have the controller reprogrammed, boss wasnt happy.

The previous line must put the tool at the point where the G03 can complete the arc.
    To use I & J, you must be working on the XY plane.
    The value K must divide into the Z value evenly.
    If you post some code, we may be able to help more.

getting either 1084 or 1085...I guess, I do not have the tool positioned properly to start the program? and I think there is something to not having the proper K value to allow the machine to run it also..I actually did get it to run in space once today, but not sure how to get everything right to machine material. one thing is the book examples are metric..we dingys use inch. It is suppose to be easy to toggle between the two units, right? Last time I tried it, i totally whacked the perimeters and had to have the controller reprogrammed, boss wasnt happy.
    You can activate G70 and G71 to switch between unit in inches or milimeters

You can activate G70 and G71 to switch between unit in inches or milimeters