585,981 active members*
4,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Strange Alarm

Good morning. My name is Jon and I live and work in Pa. I run a Mazak Matrix Nexus 200 II lathe. Came in and powered up this morning to a strange alarm. "1396 R.D. Low Battery". Whats weird is its not the usual red or blue colors; it has yellow letters on a black background. I looked in the maintenance and alarm list books to no avail. It isnt preventing me from running the machine, but I cant get it to clear, and without knowing exactly what it is I obviously cant fix it. Anyone have any insight? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanx

Patriot Jon

maybe

Maybe it would be the battery connected to the NC unit, if you have one? Or in the back of the operator's panel. Else, it would be machine side and specific to the ladder of your machine. Cheers.

R.D. Low Battery Alarm

The R.D. is the relocation device. This device trips making the machine inoperable when the machine is moved. Once tripped (will trip if battery dies) only Mazak can reset by sending out a tech. This device keeps Mazak from breaking trade laws. I had this alarm on my Variaxis a few months back the battery had to be ordered from Mazak. DO NOT SHUT OFF the machine untill the battey has been replaced. As with all other batteries in the control or you may lose parameters. The R.D. is a 3" x 3" black box inside the electrical cabnet.

There is another post on this site where a guy from Iran somehow got a machine and his R.D. was tripped. Iran being under trade sanctions Mazak will not turn his machine back on. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mazak_...r_d_error.html