584,833 active members*
5,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Kitamura > Trouble Setting parameters Yasnac I80

Unhappy Trouble Setting parameters Yasnac I80

I'm hoping someone out there can help. I have a motion problem with my machine and am trying to set parameters so I can see the actual spindle RPM to determine the problem, I'm also trying to turn off the spindle speed check bit to get around the ppoblem. Using the book as a reference I am turning on the parameter set mode. I then change the parameters and as the manual instructs I am turning off the power. After powering up I turn off the parameter change bit and the parameters appear to have been changed but do not actually change any function of the machine. Our service guy ran into the same problem trying to adjust for backlash. Kitamura has not been able to help and Yaskawa who now takes care of Yasnac service has not been able to help. Any input would be appreciated.

Art

FC200 Switch

I know this is well over a year ago, but did you use the FC200 board's rotating switch (position 2) to allow for parameter setting? Once set, power down, rotate switch back to Zero (0) and reboot.

please give the drive number if possible the PCB number also

If anybody else has this problem let me explain what we found out.

Apparently these Yasnac Controls can get themselves into a state where the parameters change but they just don't register. We figured this out when we had the processor board replaced six months ago. I was down for 3 weeks. Yaskawa actually had the main chassis at thier facility and gave it a good to go and it still wouldn't work in my machine. I got a copy of the original parameters from Kitamura and input them by hand and still no luck. The errors varied but the machine never started. So that I would not need to manually input the parameters again we backed up the parameters and did yet another memory wipe. We then loaded the parameters via the serial port and the machine started right up. It also now takes parameter updates through the keypad. Don't ask me why, I don't know and Yaskawa can't explain it. So if you are one of the many shops that can't adjust backlash or other critical parameters, just try backing up the system parameters, do a memory wipe and reload the parameters using the serial port and you will probably be able to manually change parameters.

Re: Trouble Setting parameters Yasnac I80

Hi,
    I am Srikrish R from Tamilnadu, India. I have one used very old VMC machine with YASNAC i80M control. In that machine I lost all the parameters due to bad battery. I am unable to run the machine for the last 4 years. kindly send me the Option parameters from opm00. Please do the needful immediately. My email ID is : [email protected].

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
    I am Srikrish R from Tamilnadu, India. I have one used very old VMC machine with YASNAC i80M control. In that machine I lost all the parameters due to bad battery. I am unable to run the machine for the last 4 years. kindly send me the Option parameters from opm00. Please do the needful immediately. My email ID is : [email protected].

Re: Trouble Setting parameters Yasnac I80

Hi,

Hello Srikrish,
    did you get any success in this matter? Please replay me my mail id is [email protected]