584,866 active members*
4,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Kitamura > Kitamura spindle orientation

Kitamura spindle orientation

Hi
    I have a problem with my kitamuraycenter 2 vmc spindle orientation. When it tries to do the tool change the spindle does not orient. It keeps running at slow speed. I tried m19 as well but it has the same problem. Anyone can help me.
    Thanks

What type of this machine and what the control system?
    Aaron

Hi
    It is kitamura mycanter 2 vertical milling machine with fanuc 6M control.
    Thanks

We company just have KITAMURA HX400I with FANUC 16I-MA controller.
    You may need electrical engineer.
    There are some possible:
    1. If the encoder is targeted way, check encoder letter
    Number (in the directional panel PA, * PA, PB, * PB,
    SC, * SC), normally a square wave, and if abnormal, check
    Check the encoder feedback line or whether there is damage, even if
    Change.
    2. If the signals are not changed, but the normal high and low potential
    (If the PA high, * PA is low), then check the connection main
    Shaft encoder belt is off or disconnected.
    3. If it is directed by way of magnetic sensor, the spindle rotation
    Turn when the green light is directed alternately board point
    Bright, if not changed, replace the magnetic sensor.
    Aaron

FANUC Magnetic Sensor Amplifier

We found this problem caused by bad FANUC Magnetic Sensor Amplifier shown.
    Used ones are hard to find. New ones as more than $1000. Almost impossible to repair. Usually found inside the headstock. take off the plate on the right side.
    Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fanuc mag Sensor Amp.jpg  
    Jim Short
    www.tahlinc.com

I have a My Center1 and had the same problem. The magnetic sensor amplifier was sitting in a half inch of way lube because the drain was clogged. All I did was cleaned the drain and all the lube then disconnect the unit and cleaned the connections and that fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric MFG View Post
    I have a My Center1 and had the same problem. The magnetic sensor amplifier was sitting in a half inch of way lube because the drain was clogged. All I did was cleaned the drain and all the lube then disconnect the unit and cleaned the connections and that fixed the problem.
    Hi Eric
    Thanks for the response. is it possible if you can send me the photo where it fits in your machine.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pcreek View Post
    Hi Eric
    Thanks for the response. is it possible if you can send me the photo where it fits in your machine.
    Thanks
    The sensor is located inside the spindle head casting the sensor is a small rectangle metal box with labeled with controller manufacture (in my case Fanuc). On the left side of the head you should see a small access cover, remove the four screws and the sensor will be sitting on the bottom of the head reach in and pick the unit up. There should be enough wire slack to bring the sensor outside the head casting. Unscrew the connector coupler and disconnect the sensor. RadioShack sells contact cleaner (be sure to get cleaner safe on plastics) spray the cable connector and wire connector. Don’t be afraid to spray a lot of cleaner you want to flush away the dirt and oil. Before reconnecting inspect connections for corrosion. Also make sure the bottom of the head casting isn’t full of way lube if so clean it up. I’ll get picks soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric MFG View Post
    The sensor is located inside the spindle head casting the sensor is a small rectangle metal box with labeled with controller manufacture (in my case Fanuc). On the left side of the head you should see a small access cover, remove the four screws and the sensor will be sitting on the bottom of the head reach in and pick the unit up. There should be enough wire slack to bring the sensor outside the head casting. Unscrew the connector coupler and disconnect the sensor. RadioShack sells contact cleaner (be sure to get cleaner safe on plastics) spray the cable connector and wire connector. Don’t be afraid to spray a lot of cleaner you want to flush away the dirt and oil. Before reconnecting inspect connections for corrosion. Also make sure the bottom of the head casting isn’t full of way lube if so clean it up. I’ll get picks soon.

Meant: spray the sensor connector and wire connector*