Second guessing myself as usual, I always hit the tool change button twice on my HAAS TM-1P to be sure it clamped down on the tool good (I know, not neccessary) after this incident, I think I will refrain from doing it ever again. Anyway, hit the button the second time, had a brain fart and let go of the tool (of course the first time I've ever had this particular brain fart :willy_nilly:had to be when I was installing the probe) BAMN!!! S#%$, S#%$, S#%$!!!!:angry: Good news, ran the activate probe cycle, and it still seems to work. Bad news, broke the ceramic shaft with the ruby tip off right at the metal base. Only $87, could have been a lot worse, it just missed landing on my table prob...wheeew. Me being a NEWBIE, and poor after buying this machine, I thought I'd try repairing it, save some money and learn more about operating my machine, also because I found out these tips/stylis come in lots of different lengths. So I chipped the remaining ceramic out of the metal tip, leaving me about a 3/8 inch cylinder, slid my leftover ceramic shaft and ruby tip back in coated with crazy glue, seems to be in there for life. THE QUESTION..Am I waisting my time, can I recalibrate it after changing its length in the machine. Also, can I run it down to my table probe to get the exact length like you would a regular tool, will it be stored in the probes memory, giving me correct work setups????

Thanks Ahead,
Cuda