585,604 active members*
3,234 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Trouble with Everlase laser

Bought a well used laser cutting machine with Everlase 51 laser unit. It has 6 laser tubes (two rows of three tubes, front and back mirrors and two corner mirrors). After starting the machine, most (but not necessarily all) of the tubes gradually begin to glow, and after some time tubes begin to lose the glow. I have never got a proper laser beam from the machine. Any suggestions?

IMO what every the problem UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, DON'T TOUCH A THING, you can easliy be killed, this is not somthing you should be asking just anyone, I would call a tech to service the system.

I understand that lasers can be dangerous and that I am not a trained tech, but on the other hand I have been working with lasers for over 10 years and also I have the service manuals for the machine. I would just like to get an idea of what kind of problem this might be...

how many watts is that thing? when was it made?

Second step

Quote Originally Posted by vholvio
    I understand that lasers can be dangerous and that I am not a trained tech, but on the other hand I have been working with lasers for over 10 years and also I have the service manuals for the machine. I would just like to get an idea of what kind of problem this might be...

It is quite possible that the equipment you pruchased was an earlier method of marking...and worked a great deal like older dot matrix printers...only with alignments of lasers instead of alignments of metal pins ...maybe. One would need more info other than a tech manual...might be spelled out in the tech manual itself, but does not speak to levels of knowledge about lasers that are absolutely required to go further.

The URL below speaks for itself and might just be the very thing that prevents injury when experimenting with any laser, any time.

http://www.eio.com/repairfaq/sam/lasersam.htm

cheers!

cheers

Everlase 51

Hi, do you still use this Everlase 51 laser?