585,930 active members*
4,051 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Trumpf 3030

Trumpf 3030

I've been running a Trumpf 3030 for a few weeks at a company where nobody knows much about lasers, so I have alot of questions. I was running 1/2 inch mild steel today and the perimeter of the part (cutting large contour) wasn't cutting good, but the holes in the part (cutting medium contour) looked really good. I got the most senior operator to help and his solution was to replace all the large contour cutting with medium contour cutting. I have 3 weeks experience on lasers and this doesn't seem right to me. Hoping someone could help with the parameters they run to cut 1/2 inch mild steel. Thanks

Its more than likley just the focus of the laser that needs changing.
    do menu 1151,
    Then in the large contours page change the autolas plus field
    to be set at about -0.7 for my machine (4030)
    also the gas wants to be about 1 bar o2.
    and use a 1mm nozzle

A bit of trial and error is required to get the sweet spot.

Good luck. Hope his helps. ;-)

**Edit-
    sorry! You are having trouble with 12mm not 6 as I first thought!
    Try, 1.2mm nozzle,
    Autolas plus setting- +0,5 (may need to go up a little more +1 - +1.5).
    gas - 0.8 - 1.2 bar o2.

Hope this helps. ;-)

Talking trumpf

just found site. first post. thankyou thankyou. i found most of the oxy cutting settings required no tweeks. cant say that for air or nitro! oh i run a 2030. 2000kw. last week i had to clean my lens to get a good cut on .380. we run 1 shift so its all me. ive been getting 2 days out of my lens w/o cleaning. got a 3 stage air compressor prefilter system and it doesnt drain till airs off. well air aint been down in 2 weeks so thankfully i figured problem. tweek tweek! you never want to run lg as a med from a money making stand point. speaking of! trumpf software likes to (or Will) use reduced aproach on thicker steel w/ oxy. even when the programmers change the rule. so i change all the reduced setting to the same as normal settings. also alot of the med can run just as well if not better as lg. also watch out for reduced pierce on sm. good god what a bunch of heat looks like you blew the hole w/ a blow torch! man i got so much to say and discuse about trumpf lasers! lets lite this candle!

trumpf thoughts

also dont use those aftermarket ceramic tips! the nozzles tend to unscrew while running! or the guts/threads start to free spin inside and leak gas preasure! learned that the hard/embarassing way over months! cheap tips seem fine. im not sure on aftermarket lens's. i should be cause im sure ive been using them! i think they say u should get 500 hrs out of a lens. then "they" will tell ya cut that in half if you use sprintline. ahhhhhh.... well thats how all my programs are here so i hear. i get somewhere between 400 to under 500 hr before i yank the lens. im so glad im 1 shift and the only operator. i can only imagine 3 shifts and operators who constantly monkey w/ the tech tables. thats gotta be a nitemare. ussually just check the tape shot. get a magnifier light. get it dead on. during the day it will drift maybe or u just nick a slug and need to line it up again. then check the hrs on gas exchange. then how long its been since cleaning lens. then hrs on the lens. then a lil tweeking. hpoefully worst case the beam alighnment needs doing. ive got no a/c so ive found winter to hot ass summer requires tweeking the mirrors. i relly dont know when you should run a focus test. i do about 100 to 200 hrs in. or when things dont make sense. i made cheese for a lil while and a laser is the same its "art and science" and the "art" "fart" will drive ya crazy.

I'm one of 2 operators of our machine (4030 4kw), both know what we are doing so we don't have many problems. I clean the lens everyday while the laser powers up, check/do the alingment and load up the material.
    we use only genuine trumpf parts and have a maintanace plan, which sees the machine is in good condition despite being about 10 or 11 years old, running aprox. 22hrs a day 5 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by carl_ray88 View Post
    I've been running a Trumpf 3030 for a few weeks at a company where nobody knows much about lasers, so I have alot of questions. I was running 1/2 inch mild steel today and the perimeter of the part (cutting large contour) wasn't cutting good, but the holes in the part (cutting medium contour) looked really good. I got the most senior operator to help and his solution was to replace all the large contour cutting with medium contour cutting. I have 3 weeks experience on lasers and this doesn't seem right to me. Hoping someone could help with the parameters they run to cut 1/2 inch mild steel. Thanks
    Re: Trumpf 3030

What I find works is that you need to set your cutting nozzle .010" - .015" above material then the idea is to get your Joules as high as possible. To do this you need to make adjustments to your Power(Watts), Pulse Duration (M.S), Frequency(HZ), Try to get these numbers in check so that your Utilization is at 100% or close, but not over. Try upping your Pulse Durstion(M.S.) and then making your power(Watts) as high as possible and adjust your frequency lower as you increase your Watts. Check to see that your Joules are going up and the depth of cut you're getting and adjust accordingly with your Pulse duration first then power and finally frequency. The higher your joules the more penetration or depth of cut you will get.

Bill

Just got a Trumpf 5030

We just got a trumpf 5030 with a trudisk 3001, I still can't believe how fast it is, my boss keeps trying to claim its the fastest in the world, dunno about that tho. We are having trouble getting hot rolled mild steel to cut acceptably, stainless cuts like a dream, and even cold rolled comes out mint, but the old slow Amada's still cut the hot rolled better. We've tried N2 O2 and Air, air comes out the best with a few tweeks to the standard tec table but it still has a burr on the bottom edge. Any advice would be great.

How to improve hello to me what the error is the ENCODER defective help

I went there in 3030 who got what does resonator

Actually i want also these Trumpf 3030. Tell me what i do so that these are getting for me..thanks