585,722 active members*
4,282 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > NM-200 - strange behavior?

NM-200 - strange behavior?

I have the V1 mill with the CPU inside the CD100, and have been generally satisfied over the past 18 months. I don't do production, make small parts, and rarely have a single run over 30 minutes, and never let it run unattended. I have seen the following happen on occasion:

I leave the machine powered up for a couple of hours, not running. When I return none of the axes respond to jogging. I restart mach3 and it's all normal.

A couple of days ago a similar thing happened during a run. Both the spindle and all axes stopped, and none responded to mach controls (mach showed spindle active). I recorded the 3 axis settings, restarted mach, and was able to continue the program.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by kvom View Post
    I have the V1 mill with the CPU inside the CD100, and have been generally satisfied over the past 18 months. I don't do production, make small parts, and rarely have a single run over 30 minutes, and never let it run unattended. I have seen the following happen on occasion:

I leave the machine powered up for a couple of hours, not running. When I return none of the axes respond to jogging. I restart mach3 and it's all normal.

A couple of days ago a similar thing happened during a run. Both the spindle and all axes stopped, and none responded to mach controls (mach showed spindle active). I recorded the 3 axis settings, restarted mach, and was able to continue the program.

Any thoughts?
    I have had the same issue since our NM-200 was new and if I can ever get everything else running for more then an hour at a time I'll figure the freezing out. I think it's a PC problem, as soon as I get the new servo's, drivers, breakout board and power supply installed (yes out with the Novakoned junk and in with some electronics that work), I'll pull the pc off my lathe and see if that cures the freeze up.
    Ray