584,830 active members*
5,513 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

?'s about Wantai Motor

I am looking for a conversion kit for my horizontal mill at home. I have been looking very seriously at a Kelling set up but have seen several Wantai Motor setups of "equal" power(?) for about one half the money. Even with shipping I will be saving approximately $500 at a glance.

Does anyone have any experience with Wantai as far as quality and support goes? Kelling is in my home state but sometimes $500 is $500 if you can get the equivalent product.

Thank you for any input.

Cool Wantai Motors rocks

I purchased a 3 axis 425oz hybrid stepper setup with a B.O.B. and have had great success with it. I did smoke a driver, my fault, and Jolie at Wantai
    sent me another one at cost. I upgraded from a TB6560 at 24vdc to the hybrid stepper drivers and 36vdc on a CNC router table. The upgrade was amazing to say the least. I think these stepper drivers and motors are exactly the same as Keling systems with a different sticker on them. Go ahead and get the system from Wantai and tell Jolie that Pete sent you.

Here's Jolie's email address: [email protected] if you want to get a price on something.

Have a good one.

Pete

Do not bother with wantaimotor,The worst service witch i ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Manka View Post
    Do not bother with wantaimotor,The worst service witch i ever seen
    I've had nothing but excellent service from them and my table runs great. Go ahead and buy from them.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradonewbie View Post
    I've had nothing but excellent service from them and my table runs great. Go ahead and buy from them.
    I already get stuff from wantai They ship different motor than i order.They want me to ship back for replacement at my expense.Shipping from canada to china cost more then order new one.I try to solve the problem on their chat but it seems they ignore me.Please wait a minute..We are connecting for you on and off for last couple days.And i am waiting for any word hour or two

Remember that you have to contact them at night because they are in China on the other side of the earth. I usually did all my business at about 7pm Colorado time and they were just getting to work there. And it's already tomorrow there so watch the weekends.

I did buy motors from wantai,good motors for the price.
    Shipping was little bit too high and it took 40 days to recieve them.
    On the other hand I also bought motors from Keling,also good motors,shipping was low and they arrived in 9 days.
    9 days from USA to my doorstep,around 8000 km air distance.
    http://zeed-diyproject.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by zeed View Post
    I did buy motors from wantai,good motors for the price.
    Shipping was little bit too high and it took 40 days to recieve them.
    On the other hand I also bought motors from Keling,also good motors,shipping was low and they arrived in 9 days.
    9 days from USA to my doorstep,around 8000 km air distance.
    When I purchased my 3 steppers with a break out board they arrived exactly 10 days after I ordered them, delivered by UPS to my door. When I ordered a replacement motor from Xylotex here in the states it took 3 weeks to get my motor. I guess it's different for everybody. I've had great luck with Wanai and I'm about to buy 3 more of the new upgraded drivers next week.

At some point i get chance talk to jolie.She (?) ask me for some pictures of that stuff witch was ship wrong and i get promise to get replacement .Since that nobody answer to me and I never get anything from wantai.So I assume is just another crap Chinese business.IF SOMEBODY WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE IS UP TO YOU BUT I ADVISE AVOID THIS COMPANY

Wantai Motor

At some point i get chance talk to jolie.She (?) ask me for some pictures of that stuff witch was ship wrong and i get promise to get replacement .Since that nobody answer to me and I never get anything from wantai.So I assume is just another crap Chinese business.IF SOMEBODY WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE IS UP TO YOU BUT I ADVISE AVOID THIS COMPANY

I wish I had read your comment before ordering from Jolie. One motor and a driver were bad, he/she told me to send a video I did,after so many back and forth, he/she told me they would send a replacement motor but that I should return the driver for a new one .I sent the driver,she told me they received it, but I never received any motor or driver from them, he/she was always away on business trips, now they dont even reply my emails anymore . It's been over three months now. I belief these wantai guys are dishonest sellers and ripoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jide View Post
    I wish I had read your comment before ordering from Jolie. One motor and a driver were bad, he/she told me to send a video I did,after so many back and forth, he/she told me they would send a replacement motor but that I should return the driver for a new one .I sent the driver,she told me they received it, but I never received any motor or driver from them, he/she was always away on business trips, now they dont even reply my emails anymore . It's been over three months now. I belief these wantai guys are dishonest sellers and ripoffs.
    I give up after 3 months lol

I give up after 3 months lol
    If you have bought them from ebay, you can file a dispute.
    jasminder singh
    It is better to die for something than to live for nothing.

I've had no luck with Wantai. Same story - one motor went bad after less than six months. They state 1 year warranty. I contacted them for return and exchange. They kept telling me to wire correctly, etc, etc. They wanted me to return the bad motor, but they never told me where to send it!

Their customer service sucks. They lie about their warranty.

BTW, the original order took three weeks to get here (which was advertised as four weeks). Good price for unit, but they hijack you on shipping. Customer service is none existant.

I think I will follow jasminder and file that ebay dispute.

Wantai kit i bought had 3 motors, 3 drivers, breakout and switchmode.

It was excellent value, nearly all electronics come from china --- so spruik the local stuff and i bet it's full of china parts anyway.

My only criticism it the mismatch of all these great parts, they are getting the hang off it now, but before it was hit and miss.