585,759 active members*
3,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hurco BMC20 Post Prosser help

Hi, I have been running haas machines for 3 years and moved into a larger shop with an 91 hurco bmc20. I am having trouble posting code from my CAM software that will work on the hurco. My problem is begining and ending lines and arcs. I have stack of manuals, but nothing is working. Does anyone have a post prosessor file for UPG that will work with the Hurco?

Hi,

Did you have any luck finding one? I need the same thing but I am having a hard time location one.

Thanks.

Nope, no luck here.

Hurco Post

Moorport, I had a similar problem with a 'Max 32' Hurco similar to 'Ultimax 3'. I had the post Processor set to output incremental arc centers instead of absolute arc centers. Our Hurco has to have absolute arc centers, the post has to start with "%" and end with "E". Not sure this will help - ours is a little older 1986, that was upgraded in '97 to Max 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1
    Moorport, I had a similar problem with a 'Max 32' Hurco similar to 'Ultimax 3'. I had the post Processor set to output incremental arc centers instead of absolute arc centers. Our Hurco has to have absolute arc centers, the post has to start with "%" and end with "E". Not sure this will help - ours is a little older 1986, that was upgraded in '97 to Max 32.
    Thanks, I figured that one out soon after my original post, but I still cant figure out drilling canned cycles so I use my haas when I need to drill holes, or go back through and manualy edit the program.

Can you tell me how to manually write the programs and edit in Hurco BMC-20?

Thanks
    Steve

dynapath delta 20

I hope someone answers you I need the same info.
    Todd

post processor for Hurco--- solution

hi,

For Hurco BMC30 (ultimax II ) you need to output absolute arc center (i,j control dosen't recocnize 'R' ) and just add G75 in start block and end programme with 'E'

Javed

I run a VMX30 and it was a shock to me also, with the hurco bmc code the drilling cycle has all positive Z's and no R plane but you can have an extra Z ahead of the peck Z that acts as a first peck and return point? very strange.I got my boss to get the ISNC softwear for the machine that will make it act just like a fanuc control so I can post right from mcam.
    Forrey

hurco post for gibbs?

So does anyone know if there is a Hurco max 32 post for gibbs?

I've been running a BMC 30 for about 4 years. It has a
    ultimax3 control. If your machine has conversational control I would use that for drilling and tapping. Just tell
    the control where the holes are how deep to drill and what the peck depth is. Also tell it the tool info. With the
    hurco I only use G-code for 3d contouring. If you have
    the conversational and set it up right I find it lowers
    cycle times quite a bit.

I Have two Kitamura Mycenter one with Fanuc 6 controllers and 3M displays with Master cam 9 MPFAN or MPBASIC it
    puts out a G54 And the a axes It workes if I edit it out,
    and put in a safty line (G90 xxxxxx G28 0 befor the the tool
    change...
    Dose anyone have a post pr. that work's on these older
    Mills?? Or do you Knon of someone that, could write one
    or modafie MPBASIC Frank M.

Pleae list what lines in programme u dont require and what additional u want to be included in NC file. Mastercam postprocessor file can be edited to our requirement.

Javed