585,902 active members*
4,187 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc fapt cut

Hello everyone! I need imformation on updating from printing programs on 1 inch black nc tape to loading programs to machine from my pc. I have a 1985 Elox/Fanuc model Q wire cut with a Fanuc System P Model G programmer. As of now I'm punching my wire path on to the black tape and then transfering it to the machine. Well The black nc tape is getting harder to find. Soon they'll stop making it. I can hook up my programmer directly to my wire maching but storing the programs will have to be on 5 1/4 floppies.. Those are just as old fashing as the tape... I searched the web and saw a few programs I can download but they don't tell me if they are compatable for my machine... Also I'm looking for a program that works like my Fanuc programmer , conversational type. It does all the g coding for me! Im running a Fanuc FAPT CUT program... Is the PC FAPT the same type of software but for a pc computer.. Any information will be very helpful since I'm not to inturn with whats out there... Thanks.. hope to hear something soon...

As your machine has a tape reader, and I assume that you are able to run the machine directly from the tape, then the better solution would be to install a Behind Tape Reader to the control. This is a small after market card that is installed between the Tape Reader and the machine's control. When used, the control effectively thinks its using the Tape. There are quite a few manufacturers of this equipment around, but the one I use for the installations I do, is made in Australia and works very well. Using this device, you will be able to either download the program to the card, or DNC via the card from the PC. Wire Cut programs are generally not that long and accordingly, downloading the program to the card is normally the way the card will be used.

I'm away from home and office until Monday. If you want further information PM me your email address and I'll send some pictures and information.

The attached picture shows the BTR sitting between the Tape Reader and the control. The rainbow cable shown in the red rectangle is where the cable from the PC connects. In this installation, the motherboard, power supply and hard drive of the PC were mounted inside the control cabinet, the the monitor mounted externally on the control cabinet. This installation involved an old Fanuc 5T control that has no CRT display, and allows the program to be viewed on the monitor as each block is executed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BTR3.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	139176

Regards,

Bill