584,829 active members*
4,984 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Eding USBCNC

Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Eding USBCNC

I put the z axis last because I wanted to move the x and y axis to the stored point first then bring the z axis down to the stored point for it. As I said before I don't have any programming experience so have I done this wrong or did you mean I should add it to the Sub User_4 program so it looks something like this.

Sub User_4
    Sub Move_to_startpoint
    G00 Z0
    G00 X#1001 Y#1002
    G00 Z#1003
    Endsub

Best practice would be:

Sub Move_to_start
    G00G53 Z0 (machine Z-Refpoint)
    G00 X#1001 Y#1002
    G00 Z#1003
    Endsub

this moves the Z-Axis all the way up first.. (provided that your Z-axis reference point Z=0 is at the highest position of the Z-axis),
    G00 G53 Z-10 is also allright.. stays 10 mm lower than the top position..
    This way there's no risk of collisions when moving over clamps, parts and vices..

in the Tool measurement Macro the same "trick" is used.. First... all the way up. then above toolsetter, followed by a dialog to enter approximate toollength.. and finally measuring the tool.. calling newly measured lengt, and move to top again.. so work can continue without collisions

Your question is answered now?... i guess? good luck programming your macro's
    Kees

I tried this last night in simulation mode away from the machine and it worked perfectly. Thanks very much for all your help guys. Now I just need to sort out changing the user icons for something more suitable than 3 and 4.

Regards

Ian

oh.. that's easy.. if you look in the installation folder..there's this folder called "icons"

You can copy the entire folder and rename it, then open this folder.. open the folder op_f_key, and then the folder user
    in this folder all the icons for the user buttons are stored.. they are all bitmaps (BMP) files.. easy to make new ones..
    then, set your icon folder to the new folder you made on the second page of the setup.

you could also change the icon in the original folder, and treat the copied folder as a backup.. that way, you don't have to change anything in USBCNC Setup..

Thanks Arie. I have found the icons and which ones I need to change. I think I have the ideal icons for what I want as well so now need to draw them up and try them out.

Page 2 of 2 12