585,975 active members*
4,882 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > fixing a spindle of a Bridgeport Interact 412- Help !!!!

fixing a spindle of a Bridgeport Interact 412- Help !!!!

I need help fixing a spindle of a Bridgeport Interact 412, if anyone has a schematic or a manual I thank them very much, I have no information of the machine and I have to change the bearings urgent. Thanks guys.

I was in the clean room of the Bridgeport Spindle rebuild area. Please read what I just said. Clean room. Spindles are a science. Bearings are very expensive because they are precision and matched and preloaded. Even the amount of grease (kluber) has science behind it. Too much can generate friction and heat. My recommendation is that it be sent out to a spindle rebuilder who will guarantee his work.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks George for your advice, I must also do the repair myself and that where I am (Argentina) can not find someone qualified for the job, so it is seeking information for the job is well done.

George, I know how to withdraw the shaft bearings of the spindle, I have everything disassembled less bearings, tomorrow I put a photograph of the shaft bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    I was in the clean room of the Bridgeport Spindle rebuild area. Please read what I just said. Clean room. Spindles are a science. Bearings are very expensive because they are precision and matched and preloaded. Even the amount of grease (kluber) has science behind it. Too much can generate friction and heat. My recommendation is that it be sent out to a spindle rebuilder who will guarantee his work.

George
    George, I need to know how to remove the tops of the bearings, if you could tell me how you would have solved everything ago. Would not have a scheme of this head?