585,667 active members*
4,091 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Very strange thing...please read!

Might be simple but I didn't see anything here about this.
    I had placed 3 letters inside of a spade ( card type ) and previewed , all looked good. Running vectric aspire 2.5.....mach 3.

Had the setup to run the spade first, then the letters , SRH , then tool change to finish it off. Have ran the spade symbol before with no problems, just added letters.

On the toolpath screen all was good but as it cut the letters they were BACKWARDS like a mirror image.

Any ideas? I will also post this at the Vectric forum, just figured to cover all bases......Thanks...
    Chris.....Everyday is a Good day.....if you wake up breathing!
    Joe's 2006, Mach3, Vectric software.

Hello,
    Is this a machine you made yourself by any chance? It sounds like one of the axis is reversed, but it is easy to to fix in Mach3. It will not be readily obvious when you first start using the machine as both axis will function correctly with regular toolpaths, but when you cut some text it will be real obvious. I had a similar problem on a machine I finished just last year.
    Regards,
    Wes

Have you tried any other geometry that would show a mirror image? My first guess is an axis is reversed. A mirror image of a "spade" would still look like a spade. Try a simple geometric form that's not symmetrical.

This is a Joes 2006 build I bought from Kent in CA. I have cut designs but I guess they could be the same mirrored or not. ( my avatar, eagle in a eagle)

How would you switch this. I did notice in the tool path for the spade the start points were in fact backwards from what was happening on the table.

While waiting for an answer I will check the mach forum and settings stuff.

Thanks in advance.....

Got It

Read a thread on the mach site about orientation of the x & y axis and found that I needed to switch my pin settings cause basically I was running from the wrong end of the table. Looking from the "dead" end 0-0 should be from the front left corner, mine was from the other end of the table!!!:nono: So switched in ports and pins ( 3for5 and 2 for 4 ) ran a dry test and it looks good. Will slap some wood on there to make sure.
    Sorry for the long description but figured someone else might need this too.

Thanks for the quick responses, will let you know if it worked.:cheers: