585,759 active members*
3,924 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newbie needs advice on CNC Router

I have been reading and searching this forum for 2 1/2 months to learn as much as possible about CNC software and hardware. Wow, not near as simple as I thought it would be. The software I feel comfortable with what I have selected but the router is a difficult story. I have a budget of $4,500-7,500 for a CNC router to be used for 3D relief and photo carving in wood or corian. Table size 25x25 or 25 x 36. I am considering 3 different machines the K2 KG-2525, CNC-Step S-400T, Laguna IQ. I am a little leary of the Chinese made machines based on comments I've read on this forum. I like the K2 because it's made in the US and supports 110v. I have emailed CNC-Step to find out if their router supports 220v @ 60hz. I can't find a lot of info about the Laguna but it looks like a decent router but since I'm a newbie that doesn't mean a lot. Does anyone have anything good are bad to share about either of these CNC routers? I am also open to suggestions. If you have a suggestion for a different router please include why you are making the suggestion just so I can learn more about CNC.

Thanks in advance for any information you share.

Take a look at the Probotix Comet or the Romaxx WD-1.

They're both reputable companies who make their products in the USA.

I've got a Probotix Fireball V90. I can vouch that their delivery time is FAST, and their products work as advertised.

I have no direct experience of Romaxx, but I have seen good reports about their products and service.

Ron. I had not heard of Romaxx before your post. It looks like a very good option. I don't know how many machines he has sold but everyone seems to like the machine. He gets a lot of praise for his support. So far I haven't found one negative comment about his router. I'll do some further research and I've narrowed my choice to K2 or Romaxx.

if possible you could try to know about the Chinese machines

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman1 View Post
    I have been reading and searching this forum for 2 1/2 months to learn as much as possible about CNC software and hardware. Wow, not near as simple as I thought it would be. The software I feel comfortable with what I have selected but the router is a difficult story. I have a budget of $4,500-7,500 for a CNC router to be used for 3D relief and photo carving in wood or corian. Table size 25x25 or 25 x 36. I am considering 3 different machines the K2 KG-2525, CNC-Step S-400T, Laguna IQ. I am a little leary of the Chinese made machines based on comments I've read on this forum. I like the K2 because it's made in the US and supports 110v. I have emailed CNC-Step to find out if their router supports 220v @ 60hz. I can't find a lot of info about the Laguna but it looks like a decent router but since I'm a newbie that doesn't mean a lot. Does anyone have anything good are bad to share about either of these CNC routers? I am also open to suggestions. If you have a suggestion for a different router please include why you are making the suggestion just so I can learn more about CNC.

Thanks in advance for any information you share.
    If possible you can try to learn about the meaning of China machines existing.
    here some sample picturers for you overview.

thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	139924

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	139925

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	139926

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	139927
    cnc router/laser cutting and engraving machine/cnc plasma cutting machine manufacturer
    www.eternalcnc.com ; [email protected]

Very nice work CNCengraver!!!

machine photo

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman1 View Post
    Very nice work CNCengraver!!!
    here some more wood cnc router machine photos for you;

Name:	IMG_0961.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	140004Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m25-bb.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	140005

Name:	IMG_0980.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	140006
    cnc router/laser cutting and engraving machine/cnc plasma cutting machine manufacturer
    www.eternalcnc.com ; [email protected]