585,974 active members*
4,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GCC Spirit / Gravograph LS100EX / Universal VLS 3.50

We are in the process of procuring laser cutters for a class on desktop manufacturing. The items listed in the subject (GCC Spirit / Gravograph LS100EX / Universal VLS 3.50) are currently under consideration.

The key concepts for me in making this decision are reliability, ongoing costs, and user interface. I like the Universal Materials-based print driver, and do not believe that the other systems have anything comparable.

The students who will be using these systems are completely new to the concept. I am looking for devices that will be easiest for them to use and provide the least headaches. As we are a DOD facility, I am also looking to keep costs low after the procurement.

If anyone has thoughts, especially those with experience of more than one of these models, please comment!

LS100EX

I can give you some insight on the LS100EX. The software that comes with the laser includes profiles by materials and the ability to add to the library. Pick the material from the list and go. They also developed a cool setting that runs a test pattern that reveals the best setting for new materials.

The laser comes with drivers for operation with windows programs in addition to the Laserstyle program provided. I have used Corel, Excel, Word and AutoCAD running Windows and AI on a MAC to run one. I like the Laserstyle program because of the built in photo processing and materials based settings.

The support is good, I think Gravograph is the only company mentioned that has factory service technicians available across the country and includes a multi year warranty.

Hi.
    We repair the old Gravograph machines.
    Please, visit our website NCH di Sansoni G.