586,011 active members*
3,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

who test telwin plasma please help me

hello every budy i asking about telwin TECHNOLOGY PLASMA 41 230V code 815493

and this it is website TELWIN: MIG/TIG/MMA Welding machines, Spot welding machines, Plasma cutting systems, Battery chargers and starters

i want to buy it to my cnc machine i need your advice it is suitable or not and what it disadvanteges

thank you

Hi Rimawi

I already owned a TECHNOLOGY PLASMA 41 230V about 2 years ago when I started the build of my cnc cutting table. It served its perpose as a entry level hand (!) plasma cutter for cutting of pieces of flat bar or ( also not to large pieces of) sheetmetal up to 6 mm. When used on the plasmacutting table is proved completely useless. The cuttingspeed and dutycycle are just to minimal for cnc use. On one perticular job on 2 mm stainless steel it could make a cuttingspeed of about 30 inch/minute and it stopped ever 40 inches of so due to overheating (dutycycle!).
    This plasmacutter was the only machine among a few that gave me a sense of relief when it was stolen in a burglary in my workshop.
    I replaced it with a Hypertherm Powermax 45, about 45 times the more muscle for about double the price.
    It probably is an unfair comparison between a hobby and a professional machine; I only found out through (costly) experience that I wanted the pro machine.

Arthur

hi Arthur
    thank you very much for your advice i will take it

rimawi