584,833 active members*
5,386 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC MASTERS Master Operating Software

I looking for anyone who is or has used the CNC MASTERS Master Operating Software. I am looking to CNC my mill and am divided between FlashCut and CNC Masters. The sticking point is the software.

Thanks for the help.

I have a Supra mill 9x49 Taiwan retrofit. Although I have limited CNC experience, what experience I do have tells me their products need some serious refinement. I have blown 2 axis drivers for no apparent reason, must be my fault though(chair) The machine is essentially brand new and is 4 years old if that tells you anything. I bought it used, I would say new but technically can't since it had about 4 hours of run time on it. It was broken (bad driver) Gecko 201 derivative when I bought it.

CNC Masters wants almost $900 to "upgrade" the controller, $500 of which is for tech support. If you make a good product, and I know because I operate a very successful manufacturing company, tech support is free. I have a hard time paying someone $500 to fix THEIR problems they shortcut created to begin with.

My advice, if you have the time to do the research and talk to someone in the know, you can build a nice controller, run servo motors with encoders, get some ballscrews with 0.0005" error per foot, make a Z quill and be done.

Some of who I have talked to that are very helpful, CNC4PC and Probotix. They can supply you with the things you need to build a controller and good advice as well.

What I have learned, you essentially get what you pay for. Cost effective (cheap) is just that, a headache waiting to happen. I knew beforehand what I was getting, as I did the research and was also prepared for their views on service. For what I paid for the machine I can spend a little on the control and make it far better, even if it takes a couple of tries to do so.