584,866 active members*
4,847 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Ok so something is changing the absolute position on your screen when running code. Then you press reset and it changes back. I am still trying to figure out what is changing it in the first place. So if you start the program and run it in single block can you show us the code that actually changes the absolute position?

Stevo

Ok, if I start the program for dressing, the wheel go to the
    diamand roller intersection, get dressed, and at the end of the program,
    there's a G92 X-52.00 Z 14.00. Now the X absolute position change to -52.00and Z absolute to 14.00, and the relative position is the same. Now if I move manually the wheel to let's say X-10.00 Z5.0, hit reset, the X asbsolute change back to -52.00 and Z absolute change back to 14.00. And the relative position remain unchanged to X-10.00 and Z 5.0

And I thought that maybe the code listed in my previous post could be
    the problem.

Thanks

The input signal "ABS", or "Manual Absolute" is turned off. There is no other explanation for this.

There is either a switch on the operator's panel marked "ABS", or there is a software-controlled bit for "Manual absolute". Some controls have a "Setting" screen where you can change some operator panel functions, an other controls use a PC parameter in the ladder logic for this. The machine tool builder should have the information on this, since they write the PC ladder logic.

The G-code for "stored stroke check" is to turn on (or off) the software limit switches. This control had normal hardware switches for "overtravel" on each axis, but it also had software overtraval limits. The software limits could be set by parameter to protect an area (as in protecting your fixture or vise from crashes). If the stored stroke check option is used, you can enable or disable the protected area by G-code. That's not the problem with your absolute position display problem.

Try pressing the soft-function key marked "Setting", (perhaps more than once) to see if you can display a page with operator panel functions. If you find a bit marked "ABS" or "Manual Absolute", set it to "1".

Thanks a lot Dan Fritz, I'm sure there is no switch on the operator's panel so
    I'll check in the setting screen and also the ladder as you said.

Thanks to all and I'll give some feedback about it.

Pat

Re: Absolute position changing...

I am also struggling to make the Manual Absolute ON. facing same problems of machine reference position shift as well as work position shifts ( G54 positions). I don't find any switch on control panel neither i see it on setting screen. It must b with software bits somewhere. Even i tried keep relay parameters but not having success yet. I just see Man. Abs LED on control panel which is OFF. Can anybody help me to make the LED on? my machine is Kitamura mycenter 2B with fanuc OMB.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasent View Post
    I am also struggling to make the Manual Absolute ON. facing same problems of machine reference position shift as well as work position shifts ( G54 positions). I don't find any switch on control panel neither i see it on setting screen. It must b with software bits somewhere. Even i tried keep relay parameters but not having success yet. I just see Man. Abs LED on control panel which is OFF. Can anybody help me to make the LED on? my machine is Kitamura mycenter 2B with fanuc OMB.

Did you got solution for this problem
    we r also having same problem with our hartford make machine having fanuc 21i MB control still we did not get rid if u have solution then reply us.

Re: Absolute position changing...

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Ok so something is changing the absolute position on your screen when running code. Then you press reset and it changes back. I am still trying to figure out what is changing it in the first place. So if you start the program and run it in single block can you show us the code that actually changes the absolute position?

Stevo
    You have to on the ABS POSITION

Page 2 of 2 12