585,676 active members*
5,802 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ZT2500 with fanuc robot

I have a strange issue with a ZT2500 Mori that is in a system with another ZT 2500 and a new fanuc robot. The problem is when the machine reads an M0 on the new ZT the machine stops and the robot can output a start signal and the machine starts no problem. The older ZT hits an M0 and it to stops then the robot issues a start command and the machine only move to the next block 9like its in single block) at each start signal . but i can reach through the fence and press the machine cycle start button and off we go. machines are 3-4 years apart and are running different versions of mapps. One is mapps 3 and the new ZT is mapps 4. I think both are fanuc 18I I have tried every data bit, keep relay, and parameter that is connected with m0 in the ladder . I have compared both machine files and listed the differant parameters and changed the ones that might make a differance with no luck. So have any of you guys had a similar issue like this before. Its not the robot its got to be the way the ladder reads the mo with the robot valid . Mori seems baffled by this issue.

So I assume you are using the external cycle start on the io board for the robot, and obviously using machine cycle start for the manual start. That would make me believe the issue is not part of the m0 portion of the ladder, it more likely to be a setting related to external cycle start.

agreed

Agreed if the cycle start was an issue at any other time. Its only an issue with the M0. The robot cycle starts the machine at the start of the program with no issue. Its a wierd one for sure. Butg at this point i am open to check anything. So i will look at the external cycle start in the ladder. Thanks for your reply.