585,996 active members*
4,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > Need DM2800 Lambda LFS-44-48 power supply

Need DM2800 Lambda LFS-44-48 power supply

107 volts in, 0.0 volts out. This is the larger original power supply in a DM2800.

Tim, when did you get a 2800? I am guessing it is a 48vdc power supply, what amperage? Swap it out for a Keling?

It's 48V, 5Amp. I finally figured out I don't need an original and been looking at various power supplies on ebay; the Keling is one I'm considering but it looks exactly like some of the cheaper ones with a label pasted on. I'd rather spend some extra $$ on a better one, with a future upgrade in mind. I've spent a lot of time & effort getting the DNC & post processor working with SKIP & was playing with the touch probe (had it working) when the PS went out. Also picked up a rotary axis & want to get that working with the original control, but it's from a 2000/2400 so uses a different driver & a bit of a challenge.

I've had the machine about a year, bought it on ebay, had it shipped, original owner wanted it back after they sold it. I like it, kind of getting used to the quirky nature of the control. Don't have much time to play with it, did some engraving, still on the skid it was shipped on. Can't convince the wife to give me time to pour the cement slab in my barn for it & other machines I've been collecting.
    Steve

Thought this was Tim/aka 2ferrous.

I've been told my Wisconsin accent sounds Canadian, must be coming thru in my posts, eh?

:-)

Nope, not me. I'm sticking to the 2ferrous moniker.

Have you tried Antek - Your reliable source of transformers, power supplies, and more.

I use their power supplies for all my machines.

Timothy
    Dyna Mechtronics DM4400, Bridgeport Discovery 300, HAAS VF-0E, HAAS VF-2D
    BobCad 16, 20, 24 and now V25

Timothy,
    Thanks for the recommendation. They have quite the selection.
    I won a linear regulated power supply on ebay, 48V 17A, I know a bit large but should fit & medical grade. I'll give an update once it's installed. I hope that solves the problem...

Hi,
    I replaced my power supply on my DYNA 2800 also. I purchase the supply from JAMECO, their part # 161796 @ 149.95 + shipping. Spec. [email protected] at 240vac;0-8.5A@115vac. Has been running 5 years now! david pontes

Issue resolved

Thanks for the suggestions, once I realized it was safe to use a different power supply that met the same specs and fit in the same space it was relatively easy to find one, however there are so many it was hard to choose.
    Anyway it's up and running.

Replacement for the Lambda 48V Power Supply

There is another used unit available on ebay, same as the one I purchased.
    I was very pleased with the qualily of the unit, mounted in the available space using existing brackets, easy hookups, exceeds the required specifications, retails for over $900 new. Buy-it-now for $75.
    Ebay auction ID 250898743385