584,330 active members*
6,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dainichi BX35 Fanuc 10T/F Input board error

I am having a nightmare trying to track a fault which is preventing turning on my dainichi BX35.

I have tried to bridge the P1 P2 relay bypass link on the input board but the crt is still not coming on despite now having 200V supply. I have checked the main CPU Power Supply CN17 all voltages are within limits but still there is no power led or Watch dog Led on the main cpu Board and the 7 segment display is displaying 8 this condition is not in the book ???

Would appreciate some help.

I believe this is a master PCB or NC rom fault.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Exclamation parameters

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man
    I believe this is a master PCB or NC rom fault.
    Al.
    Hi, abselect sent you our problem and yes you was right, its was the main power supply, ounce fitted all red led's were no more, the problem is now the machine crt only displays rom and ram checks after pressing 9 and 7 to switch on, ive made a phone call and the guy says all the machine parameters arn't there and need to be reloaded , if i got the seriel number can these parameters be located as i dont have them and im getting behind on work, its a bit of a worry to say the least... SOS..! THANKS

Unfortunatly, if you have lost the parameters, you will either need to get them from Dainchi or hope someone has the same lathe, you also could try posting on the Practicalmachinist.com forum, in the CNC section.
    If you still get stuck, try emailing these guys, if they have, they will charge you but at least you can get running. www.northamericanindustrial.com
    It is run by ex-Fanuc guys and they can usually get you going.
    I assume you got the lathe second hand? Its too bad you did not record them when you got the machine, something to remember in the future.
    Al.

Albert E.

we learn by our mistakes, the hard way...! lol yes it was 2nd hand, if its the same lathe then i assume the same parameters...? ive typed in the name of the machine in google and theres a few companys who have them, i'm thinking of sending them an email if they can help, is this feesable...? if you dont ask you dont get, all i need to no is will it work before i take the plundge to do so, thankyou for your quick response

Ok I have one small problem before I can Load Parms

Thanks for all your help so far just one hurdle left to go :-|

I seem to have an initialization issue before I can load any parms I need to initilize the the system in the book under CHECK SYSTEM LABLE :ERROR it says System lable is incorrect, this allarm is generally displayed when the memmory has not been initilized after fully clearing it. ANSWER Initialize the system,

I have scoured the book but it does not say how to do this for the 10T-F only tells me the proceedure for Bubble Memmory which I do not have

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

All I have is for a 10M if parameters totally lost. You will need the options parameters and the communication parameters if you want to load by PC.
    This is what I have.
    To Re-initialize
    Hold 7 and 9 keys down while powering up.
    select 4 "Set File"
    Then select 2 "Initialize"
    Select 2 "Clear File"
    Then select 0 "NC Parameters"
    Screen should come up
    set the communication parameters for PC load
    Then soft keys SERVICE, CHAPTER, PARAMETER, READ, ALL

The option parameters are usually 9100 - 9132
    Its been a while so I am just going from my last notes.
    If you have the manual, also look at section 3.3.3. Operating procedure for Re-Initialize.

Al.

Albert E.

Hi Al, the 10T is slightly diferent but cobbeling together some optons from what I have been lerning about the machine so far I tried this!

machin was now in IPL mode so pressing 7 and 9 at power up then 99

I entered the following parms from a faded doc we got with the machine.

AXIS=2 OP1=00 OP2=00 OP3=22 OP4=04 OP5=04 OP6=04 OP7=00 OP8=03 OP9=2D OP10=08 OP11=10 OP12=00 OP13=00 OP14=11 OP15=00 OP16=00 OP17=00 OP18=00 OP19=00 OP20=00 OP21=00 OP22=00 OP23=00 OP24=00 OP25=00 OP26=00 OP27=00 OP28=00 OP29=00 OP30=00 OP31=00 OP32=00 the last parm was missing so in desperation I guesed it at HEX 00 :idea: .

Now when I power up the machine I get E94 C-RAM PARITY ERROR (LOW):80000 I have no idea how to deal with this so I calcell the error and then the machine alarms out with SV026 ILLEGAL AXIS ARRANGE in the manual this states Parameter No. 1023 for servo axis was not set propely could this be an incorect OP32=00 setting all other peramiters and settings(HANDY) etc are lost and I have no way of knowing what they should be.

The saga continues

I have sent you a PM.
    Al.

Albert E.

Cool Closed CNCZONE saves the day

Al_The_Man,

I would just like to thank you for all your assistance in this matter thanks to cnczone yourself and cnczone members the problems have now been resolved, your patients in dealing with us have been legondary.

If a copy of the our perameters for the Dainichi BX35 with Fanuc 10T-F controller would be of anyone else please pm me and there yours.

Regards

abselect and gollame sea-nc engineering UK

Hello, Im useing a 10T-F controll and have the E94 C-RAM PARITY ERROR (LOW):80000
    alarm how did you git past this, it will not clear or reset.

E94 C-ram Parity Error (low):80000

Craig F,

I am not sure it was a while ago and other issues with other machines have faded my memory, however I do remember it was a simple enough thing.

Following the parms input procedure we loaded the rest of the codes (and there were a lot of them) pretty sure the problem just went away after that.

As I said my memory is a little faded but my partner was there and we worked through it together, I will ask him and re post when he picks up he msg and calls me back.

My partner thinks as I do, the problem just went away after re inputting machine codes. We never got to the bottom of what code was responsible, however post more information about what you were doing when things went wrong and what machine the 10-F is connected to it may help me or another CNCzone member help further

Hi! I also need Dainichi BX35 parameters as machine has been standing on shop floor for about ten years.

Re: parameters

Al_The_Man,

If you have parameters for Dainichi B35, can you send me.

mail: [email protected]

Thanks in advance,
    Best regards,
    Milan

Re: parameters

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer64 View Post
    Al_The_Man,

If you have parameters for Dainichi B35, can you send me.

mail: [email protected]

Thanks in advance,
    Best regards,
    Milan
    As I mentioned in the previous posts, the parameters are configured by the OEM at production time and are unique to a particular machine so you will need to either contact the MTB or find someone with an identical machine.
    Al.

Albert E.