585,599 active members*
3,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OKUMA OSP Floppy Simulator
Page 2 of 4 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    I tried 1.91 a couple of days ago. I formatted a floppy and at the end (100%) it gave an error...
    "There was an error. The program will be shut down"

After that when running the program it gives the same error immediately when loaded and refuses to run until I reboot.

any idea what the problem is?
    operating system must be xp,
    floppy drive letter must be 'A:'
    floppy must be 1.44MB MFD-2HD

Does the computer of all these conditions?

yes all conditions are met. MF 2HD, A: and XP SP2.
    But floppy is USB external type on laptop (Toshiba USB FDD PA3109U-1FDD)
    It should not make any difference? I never had a problem with floppy at any other time with any other program.

I published the latest version have you tried?

Please try it (v1.92) and if any error occurred, send error code to me.

with 1.92 error is....

'01.01.1980' is not a valid date

I tried latest version on my laptop and external usb floppy drive.
    Program is working well.

not here. see previous post 1 min before your reply

maybe , your windows date time format settings is different .

You change DD.MM.YYYY format and try again

HOW TO: Change Date, Time, Number, and Currency Value Displays in Windows XP

I changed source code for date setting.

Download new version and try it

Hope, it will be ok.

yes it works now. thanks.
    So, how do I get a .MIN program (put there from DOS mode floppy) from my PC onto the Okuma formatted floppy?
    I can see BB1: on right side but it's empty. How to populate the right side with (for example) C:\OKUMA\*.MIN ?

You can move all .MIN files to C:\BB1\ directory. Restart program and copy all (.MIN,.IGF,.SSB etc) files from computer to OSP formatted floppy

oh I see now. Your program created C:\BB1 but I didn't realize. Of course on real machine the device can be BB1: or as in my case MD1: or similar but I was trying to figure out how to create a device called BB1: on a PC

I copied a .min file across from PC to floppy and it worked ok.
    So now at least we have a solution to create a program on a PC then copy it to an Okuma floppy.
    Very good and thanks for your effort

Thanks..

? I was able to backup my osp soft diskettes. For osp7000l. only disk 1-6, 7 and 8 have problems, are damaged.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by koch.Cnc View Post
    ? I was able to backup my osp soft diskettes. For osp7000l. only disk 1-6, 7 and 8 have problems, are damaged.

Thanks.
    If I remember right, disks 7 and 8 are in DOS format, not OSP.

Best regards,

Okumawiz, thank you for your fast reply...problem is I want to reinstall the machine..its a Lb15II-M OSP7000l...have problem with serial communication, Fr board is ok, serial cable is ok..(already have used dnc before with this machine..one day started having problems), and rs232 cable also ok...I want to try reinstalling machine...but Disks 7-8 are not readable from windows, And I think damaged. Language is also have german half english?
    Is there any other way to get these backups? I really dont want to pay for all whole disks that are damaged just because 2 have problems...It cost me a lot of stress and time and money to get the machine to south america..
    Thank you for your time..

Quote Originally Posted by koch.Cnc View Post
    Okumawiz, thank you for your fast reply...problem is I want to reinstall the machine..its a Lb15II-M OSP7000l...have problem with serial communication, Fr board is ok, serial cable is ok..(already have used dnc before with this machine..one day started having problems), and rs232 cable also ok...I want to try reinstalling machine...but Disks 7-8 are not readable from windows, And I think damaged. Language is also have german half english?
    Is there any other way to get these backups? I really dont want to pay for all whole disks that are damaged just because 2 have problems...It cost me a lot of stress and time and money to get the machine to south america..
    Thank you for your time..
    Don't believe there is another way unless you have same machine, and same options, or at least same files on disks from another machine with same control. Okuma disks are SN# specific based on options on machine and type, etc. but I have heard of some luck with swapping out one or more disks...

Best regards,

PS> reloading machine will not typically solve comm. problems.

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    If I remember right, disks 7 and 8 are in DOS format, not OSP.

Best regards,
    Best way of getting backup of OSP software floppy is get image of each original floppy diskette.

what are the labels on your floppies? I'll check my floppies tomorrow and compare. Can you get a list of any files on any of the bad floppies?

Thank you!

Okumawiz, Thank you so very much for your tip (floppy 7-8 Msdos format)...!!
    I was able to use diskette recovery software and recovered all files that were previously deleted...maybe by previous machine owner.
    Kurmay, I also used your program to make backup of every disk 1-6 for Okuma lb15IIm OSP7000L. I copied single file from each disk and also made from each disk a single file backup in format .ody.
    Question is...How to I backup this data again to another disk? I tried to restore data to disk (.ody) , but after the program finishes restoring, there appear no info..
    anyways, Thank you..saved my day

Forday, thanks also for your quick reply.
    The disks were Fr Custom floppy and Md custom floppy.
    I already have backup of all files..But I would be very Interested in file structure, So that I can rebuild directory in floppy drive.

Page 2 of 4 1234