Ok gents ,its been a while but I'm back and in need of guidance,

so I recently bought said machine described as good condition,[that's debatable] as its clearly been stood for a few years and alarm bells rang

so when I initially powered up I get the replace buffer batteries which I did while powered up, I can now power up and press CE button to start the homing sequence, hit power button on pendant the cycle start and I hear a contactor engage and the main motor cooling fan starts up, , that's it and nothing else happens, I can turn the fan off by pressing the green spindle button above the quill,

if I press any other button I get key inoperative message or something similar, all the keys appear to work except the bottom row which has single block run /edit etc.

I can entre data as if to set the datums in al 4 axis. but nothing else,

I have checked all the fuses I can find the big ones along the top in the r/h side cabinet and the two small ones on each the drive boards in same cabinet, also the three at the top of the main cable tower on the left,

I have checked the big fuses in the cabinet on the back and all ok, what else can I check, am I missing something blindingly obvious

I could not turn the spindle by hand as the brake was locked on so I removed this and if I wind the belt the value on screen changes so encoder must be ok, I have not tried x or y yet by hand.

that's all I can thi9nk of at the moment but i'll be back with more later today once I have had another poke about ,so in the mean time can anyone shed some light on my predicament ,

many thanks in advance

Carl