584,826 active members*
5,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport Interact 1 Mk II - Ktk Drive Problem

Bridgeport Interact 1 Mk II - Ktk Drive Problem

I am keeping my finger crossed that George is still around and can point me to the right direction. With the help of this forum, I was able to get my machine working since 2007. Unfortunaltely last week the MTI-1 board decided to blow up on me and now the spindle is not working again. I searched for a replacement and found a new MTI-1 board on eBay which I have replaced today. When I power the machine, I am not getting the red light on the MTI-1 and the control shows the spindle drive fault error. I have the schematics that George sent long time ago and it seems that I am not getting the 400 voltage in pins 31/32 and 20. Does anyone know what I can look for to troubleshoot this? The 24v DC seems to be coming in fine to the MTI-1 board.

Here is a link to the schematics.

Thank you in advance,

Pali

I have been considering a retrofit conversion for this machine and would also like to hear any feedback on this. Ideally, I would like to reuse the servo and spindle motors because of the expense but I am not sure if your recommend this. I read somewhere that the SEM Servo motors run on a different voltage and need additional parts to make it work with new drives.

Does anyone also know how much a good retrofit upgrade would cost? I would strongly consider it if it is approximately $3000. If someone on here has the knowledge, I would also be willing to pay for the upgrade. Goal is to have a machine that we can depend on for our garage business. Parts for this machine are impossible to find and there seems to be zero support for these drives.

Thank you in advance!

Can someone please help, I am in a desperate situation. Its there a way to manually start the spindle at around 1000 rpm? I am open to completely changing the drive if that gets me closer to a retro fit.

Here is what happened the original MTI-1 board. I have replaced this board with a new one but I can't get LED1 on MTI-1 to come on. I can hear the relay click when I manually spin the spindle on the machine with hand.

Re: Bridgeport Interact 1 Mk II - Ktk Drive Problem

I am in a similar situation today.
    What did you end up doing with this machine?

Quote Originally Posted by palikalsi View Post
    Can someone please help, I am in a desperate situation. Its there a way to manually start the spindle at around 1000 rpm? I am open to completely changing the drive if that gets me closer to a retro fit.

Here is what happened the original MTI-1 board. I have replaced this board with a new one but I can't get LED1 on MTI-1 to come on. I can hear the relay click when I manually spin the spindle on the machine with hand.