584,879 active members*
5,053 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > how to machine through soft jaw on cadet

how to machine through soft jaw on cadet

Need help to change setting for okuma cadet when machine a through soft jaw.

thanks!

What "setting" would you change? Write a program for boring soft jaws.
    The beaten path, is exclusively for beaten men.

machine through soft jaw

I have the program, I throught that I need to change the parameter setting somewhere, otherwise the mahine has alarm if I don't clamp something in the jaw.

when it is not a through soft jaw, I can clamp something in the back of jaw, then machine the front.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by a00509265 View Post
    I have the program, I throught that I need to change the parameter setting somewhere, otherwise the mahine has alarm if I don't clamp something in the jaw.

when it is not a through soft jaw, I can clamp something in the back of jaw, then machine the front.
    You should be machining the jaws in a clamped state, chucks do wear & clamping a part in jaws machined in clamped state would run more true than those machined in a closed condition

The chuck closed / clamped sensor is on the other end of the spindle, RED light on means OK to cycle start. This is usually set when holding a part, if chuck is open or if chuck closed ( with not part ) should have no RED light - thus stopping an accidental cycle start

You can do this by changing chuck gripping from OD to ID, but I agree with Superman that you will want a chucking ring to grip on for best results.

Best regards,

In my opinion, set of reverse gripping with reduced pressure is good enough. You need to make a taper - counting deformation of work grip. It's 150µm in diameter per (50 ... 60)mm jaw gripping length. You need to experiment and measure at place for best result

Thanks for help, chucking ring works really good.

Thanks!

Re: how to machine through soft jaw on cadet

does anyone know what the chuck proximity switch check is ? ? does anyone have a okuma crown i am experiencing a similar problem where i can't OD grip