585,933 active members*
3,848 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HSMWorks for Solidworks - AWESOME!

I was recently in the market for new CAM software, I went to the Solidworks website to look for Gold Partners and most of them I had used, tried and failed! Except one caught my eye, HSMWorks.

I contacted them and got a fully functioning copy on a 30 day licence, it installs as an add on to SW and within 2 hours of install I was cutting steel

After a couple of weeks and learning some new approaches to roughing I found the power of "Adaptive Clearing" This was the most mind blowing thing I have ever seen and still marvel at it as I see steel chips flying like never before.

Typical time savings of 45% up to a staggering 70% have been seen using HSMWorks Adaptive clearing, on one of my production jobs I took a "Conventional" programmed job from 11 mins down to just over 3 mins and I think I can get more yet!!

When showing the CEO this job and working the numbers, the payback on the software was a matter of weeks. He signed the purchase Order right there and then.

Now, even better is the interface, if you are familiar with SolidWorks then using HSMWorks is a snap. It is perfectly intergrated into SW (Unlike SolidCam ) and it feels like it was made by Dassualt Systemes themselves. Ive been using Machining Strategist for 9 years..... up to now and HSMWorks has kicked it to touch.

I would urge anyone looking for a new CAM system, or anyone who wants to save up to 70% on machining time to take a look at HSMWorks. Look them up and ask for a trial RIGHT NOW HSMWorks • Integrated CAM for SolidWorks

Cheers
    Glen

Just one other thing, with Adaptive Clearing our cutters last about 3 or 4 times longer than what we were used to, and as your using the entire flute length as your depth of cut the volume of material removed for the life of the cutter is staggering!

:cheers:
    Glen