585,668 active members*
3,988 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GCC Laserpro C180

I just bought a laserpro C180 laser engraver. I am wondering if anyone experienced any problems installing the appropriate drivers on a Windows 7 64 bit environment. I am not able to install the printer drivers or GCC USB driver (unclear if necessary) included in the supplied CD

I registered the product and became a member of GCC Club but my access level to the club gives me no visibility or access to drivers/software or firmware upgrades. I only found the installation instruction that is really poorly written.

I bought the product from an authorized distributor but so far the service level is slow (only one person can help and is covering a very large territory)

I recently asked for support directly on the GCC world technical support. Too early to comment.

I am wondering if anyone had similar issues and how it got resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Dear Simon,

I am facing the exact same problem, and apparently no one has replied
    Have you happened to reach a conclusion?
    I think it is because the USB driver is not compatible with Windows 7 maybe?

Strange as no such problem with my Spirit. Jorlink USA has all drivers available for GCC.

Just a hunch....but would it have something to do with the USB COM PORT setting..

such as locating and setting to COMM PORT output to the software...

just a thought as i needed to do this recently with a vinyl plotter

It sounds like the Computer and laser are not talking to each other...

I do not have this exact model but I have GCC LaserPro Spirit GX laser. In order to get it working under 64Bit windows I had to upgrade my laser firmware. It was a USB driver related issue and new firmware is designed fix it.
    Ask you distributor to do it for you.
    Another problem associated with my firmware upgrade I was experiencing was that the version of it supplied by my Australian distributor had bugs in in new firmware and nobody seemed to be aware of it including GCC. I spent hours searching on the internet until I found a previous version of firmware that was stable and worked. However it may be just related to my model and there is a stable firmware for yours available.

Re: GCC Laserpro C180

Apologies for bumping a (somewhat) old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ozstockman View Post
    I do not have this exact model but I have GCC LaserPro Spirit GX laser. In order to get it working under 64Bit windows I had to upgrade my laser firmware. It was a USB driver related issue and new firmware is designed fix it.
    Ask you distributor to do it for you.
    Another problem associated with my firmware upgrade I was experiencing was that the version of it supplied by my Australian distributor had bugs in in new firmware and nobody seemed to be aware of it including GCC. I spent hours searching on the internet until I found a previous version of firmware that was stable and worked. However it may be just related to my model and there is a stable firmware for yours available.
    Which firmware did you program your Spirit GX with? I've tried the ones available at gccworld.ru without much success. ( ????? ??? ?????????? )

Re: GCC Laserpro C180

Sorry for my late reply. It is a SGX-60T. I found quite a lot of info here: Engraving Machines, Laser Engraver, Laser Cutter, Wood Engraving I now have "Firmware 2.05-04. FPGA H1.0". The laser works from a Windows XP VM hosted on a Win7 computer, but not from the Win7 (host) itself, so I'm thinking it might be a driver issue.