585,967 active members*
4,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > how to change the name of an existing post processor

how to change the name of an existing post processor

changing the name of post processor in mastercam ay don't hew a canned cycle way?

mastercam/post:
    I copied Generic Fanuc 2X Lathe.PST , changed the name post processor and then I lose my cycle?? ,then put the original post, everything is working properly, how to change the name of an existing post processor to a time not getting lost cycles? Please Help

which editor mastercam do you used? if you are using an editor after mastercam x, you should cop a CNC machine too. then select machine type-you renamed machine.and get it linked with you renamed postprocessor( setting- machine definition manager ).

I use MASTERCAM x5, I took a standard "generic fanuc lathe 2x. pst", copied it, and renamed the "test.pst" I copied the "generic fanuc lathe 2x. control" and renamed "test.control, and" lathe 2-xis slant bed mm.LMD" copy, rename the "test. LMD" .. then I setup machine definition and control def. manager and the canned cycle is not working, i get a whole range of g code

There is a free add on available from Mastercam that does this. Find it here:

http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Dow...-Rename-x5.zip

hi goran55:
    please select default .control as control file. and renamed post as your post processor.
    it works, i have tried!
    i don't konw how to paste a image, otherwise i could paste a image for you. it will be easy to understand.

I solved the problem with free add " MD-CD-PST-Rename " Thanks for help!