585,690 active members*
4,554 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport 720x with TNC2500 Control Look Ahead

Bridgeport 720x with TNC2500 Control Look Ahead

Hi all,
    I have recently purchased a Bridgeport 720x mill with a Heidenhain TNC2500 control. I have connected a pc link to download programs from my pc but am having a few issues.
    I don't seem to be able to drip feed a program so the size of program I can send is limited. Is this usual for this control or do I need to change the parameter settings?
    I am getting a lot of stop/starting on corners with lots of lines in. I use arcs where I can but sometimes my software generates lines instead. I don't think the control is looking at the next lines until it has finished one. Is there a way of altering this or is there a 'smoothing' parameter that can be used to get round this?

Regards,

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_mr2sc View Post
    Hi all,
    I have recently purchased a Bridgeport 720x mill with a Heidenhain TNC2500 control. I have connected a pc link to download programs from my pc but am having a few issues.
    I don't seem to be able to drip feed a program so the size of program I can send is limited. Is this usual for this control or do I need to change the parameter settings?
    I am getting a lot of stop/starting on corners with lots of lines in. I use arcs where I can but sometimes my software generates lines instead. I don't think the control is looking at the next lines until it has finished one. Is there a way of altering this or is there a 'smoothing' parameter that can be used to get round this?

Regards,

Andy.
    Hi Andy, for starters you should be using the TNCremo to transmit, you can download the page Heidenhain. As for the braking of the corners is fixed in each block adding M90 G01 have to make this work you must have a machine parameter enabled can not remember which is for your, but I'm going to find out. The program line should read something like:
    N10 G01 X0. Y0. M90 *
    I hope this information serve you.

Hi
    I am using TNC Remo to send programs to my mill. I am using Heidenhain language though not G code. The M90 still works the same way with it and I use it on my programs but I am not sure it is working. As you say there may well be a parameter to change to fix this. If you can find this it would be appreciated.
    Regards,

Andy.

Try parameter 1390.0 from a 0 to 1 that should work.

I've changed Parameter 1390 but I'm still getting the same symptoms. Does M90 need to be on every move line? My post puts it only on the first one.

I had the same problem and solve it by changing that parameter and placing M90 in each block to move in G01. The m90 is not modal, when executed automatically disables the block.