585,585 active members*
3,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Kia SKT21 turret drive

This machine has a 18TC Fanuc control. The machine has been down for a few years and a customer asked me to get it going. The turret motor and drive have been removed. I powered the machine up anyway and was able to move X,Z, and C axis but I had to keep hitting the standby button to keep the servos on.
    Anyway, the schematics show that the turret motor and drive are actually mitsubishi components which I thought was strange since the control is Fanuc. The drive is a MR-J2-100A-S01 and the motor is HC-SF81. I will have to buy the amp and motor and then get the turret zeroed and I was wondering if you can control the turret with the handle and if so, how? I do know hw to use FdHold and SpStop to unclamp turret.

Also, I am in North Carolina. Who is the closest dealer for Hyundai-Kia.

MR-J2-100A-S01

I just had a big problem also: the backup battery was 0 volts, the lathe KST21LS had sat idle for over 6 months. Replaced the battery and the
    machine would not go into standby. It is totally different than the MR-J2-100a
    that Mitsubishi sells and the manual parameters are totally different than
    the MR-J2-100A-S01, and setting the tool 1 is a 7 button affair.

The dealers say that the unit is obsolete but here is one weather it works
    or not: h ttp://www.plccenter.com/Buy/MITSUBISHI/MRJ2100AS01
    repair: h ttp://www.hytechrepair.com/

Mitsubishi 520AL control
    Unclamp: large select, feedhold, stop.
    Clamp: buzz off.
    T1 with estop pressed: small select, feedhold, stop. (X0030 will change)

buying the MR-J2S-100A will not work the MR-J2-100A-S01 is totally different software or firmware.
    good luck you will need it.

Thanks for the reply. I called Misubishi today and they also said the MR-J2-100A-S01 is obsolete and not replaceable. I had my doubts about the MR-J2S-100A. This really sucks. My only option is to find the same model or a used one and hope the firmware is the same Hell, I still am trying to get the parameters for it too. I called Hyundai-Kia today and no one would answer the phone at all. What the hell???

If I dont get the same drive and firmware, then this will require a retrofit job which would entail reprogramming the ladder which is most likely password protected anyway. I own a copy of Fapt Ladder 3 or 4 software and I know how to program but it would indeed be a monster of a task to do this. I'm not a ladder guru. I'm just a tech for Pete's sake.

heres the parameters for MR-J2-100A

This was sent from Hyundai Wia Machine Corp (KIA)
    Hope this helps. Yes its a shame where is replacement its a costly machine.
    Good luck..
    Attached Files Attached Files

I found a drive, It was unbelievably tough to get it. And yes its true that the MR-J2S-100A is different than the MR-J2-100A-S01. The S01 is firmware that is specifically programmed for turret indexing and yes the parameter difinitions are totally different. The MR-J2-100A-S01 may include may include a couple of hardware changes as well, not sure though.

Hi
    I need help! I have servo driver MR-J2S-100A but i need MR-J2-100A-S01 or software. Maybe someone knows where to buy this?